Re: Free restocking in shop

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Free restocking in shop

★★★★ Pro

Hello @SimQARobo

as far as I can see, it happens with all items from the build & buy catalogue and also with found items from Selvadorada. Restocking by the owner has no effect at all except getting perks. The money is not deducted from outgoing costs and not from the business funds, there are no "red numbers".

The only exception are clothes on mannequins. In this case, the money is deducted from outgoing costs (red number) and at the same time re-added (green number).

I haven't tested the bakery and the photo studio in recent months.

I hope this helps - I can send you a test save if you like.

Best regards :-)

Message 21 of 30 (1,133 Views)

EA Sims Team

@alanmichael1

Thank you for the additional information Standard smile.  I don't think we need your save file just yet.  If we do, we'll let you know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 30 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has happened to me since I first got the GTW expansion pack. It also happened a lot in Let's Plays that I watched on YouTube. I work around it by always 'removing sign' (which gets you some perk points) and then rebuying from the build/buy catalogue. Or by only stocking my store with my sims' own creations and always removing the sign (artwork, flowers, things built at the woodworking table). Or sometimes, by not caring at all and basically using the store as a money cheat!

Message 23 of 30 (1,057 Views)

[GTW] Restocking is still free... since 2015.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of em
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Restock an item and it won't charge you 99% of the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game lets you restock your items for free.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to cost money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

How is this bug still in the game? It's been 3 years!  

Message 24 of 30 (1,063 Views)

Re: [GTW] Restocking is still free... since 2015.

★★★★ Pro
Hello, as far as I see 50 % of this bug have been fixed some weeks ago - restocking by employees works properly. Shop owners still restock for free. The team is aware of this issue.
Message 25 of 30 (1,041 Views)

Re: [GTW] Restocking is still free... since 2015.

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hey @Stubbs2000

I merged your post to the thread where we are tracking this issue.

Thank you for your report! 

Message 26 of 30 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same bug. I do the following to avoid it:

1)disable the autonomy for selected sim.

2)When restocking don't add to action queue i.e. don't tell your sim to do anything else while he/she is restocking.

3)Restock only when the store is open.

4)Don't switch to another sim when he/she is restocking, it will turn on his/her autonomy and interrupt the restocking process.

Message 27 of 30 (954 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Not mentioned in today's patch notes, but it looks like this bug has been completely fixed. Restocking costs from shop owners are now correctly subtracted from the business funds - even after the shop has been closed!! I still have to test mannequins, but I already say thank you to the team. This is great!

Message 28 of 30 (3,419 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's working for me too, yay! Money is deducted from the funds both when employees restock and when the owner restocks. 

I have also only tried items, not mannequins. At some point it seems like customers have become more reluctant to shop, so I made only a couple of sales and nobody happened to buy clothes during my test (one sim day). Last time I played the same save game at least 6-7 sales would be made during a day. That's another issue though and doesn't belong in this thread (And maybe it's by design? Looks like the customer's blue bar must be completely filled now for them to close the deal?). 

Message 29 of 30 (893 Views)

Hero
Going to mark this as fixed for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 30 (860 Views)