[FIXED] [GTW] Employees restock for free

by MrsNHP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Employees restock for free

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I just noticed that when an employee restocks an item in my retail store, the restocking doesn't cost anything. The store's finances aren't affected at all. If the played character restocks the item, money is withdrawn as it should.

I googled it and even found a video on youtube showing the exact same thing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYXEdBR2m4), but I couldn't find any report of it here.

I can't imagine this is how it is supposed to work. The obvious workaround is to not let employees restock, but that would make employees less useful.

I have no mods and no CC. Main game and GTW only. Playing on PC. 

Message 2 of 16 (3,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Employees restock for free

Hero

• Employees now deduct funds when restocking, so it’s no longer free. But also, the cheaper restocking perk now works for employees. We giveth, we taketh away.

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (2,247 Views)

All Replies

GTW - problem when employees replenishment store

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Hello, i have problem with bug in game when i buy store and hire employees who make replenishment store: if employees replenishment items in store, money is not deducted from trade finance. If your played character replenishment items, money is deducted from trade finance. => When you hire employees for replenishment shop items, you pay only for his salary and not for items, he restock to store. I have no mods, i have clean game and last update not fix this problem.
Here is video i make documenting this bug:
https://youtu.be/ZdYXEdBR2m4
Message 1 of 16 (3,065 Views)

Re: [GTW] Employees restock for free [TO ADD]

Hero

Did you always have this issue or did it come with a certain patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (3,204 Views)

Re: [GTW] Employees restock for free [TO ADD]

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure. I just noticed it yesterday. The youtube video I linked to is from May, so it has been present then, but I don't know if it has been fixed at some point but then reintroduced. 

This is my first retail store with an employee, and I've only played with it for a couple of weeks or so. I haven't looked closely on the finances until yesterday, when an employee restocked an item that couldn't be afforded, and then kept on restocking everything else too...  

I did note that the employee restocked for free even when there was enough money for the items, so it's not only when there isn't enough money.

Maybe this is why the store's finances got so much better after I got the employee ;-) 

Message 4 of 16 (3,199 Views)

Re: [GTW] Employees restock for free

Hero

Thank you for the details

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (3,183 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue and have done ever since first getting the GTW pack 

Message 6 of 16 (3,171 Views)

Hero

Is this still the case ?

@l0nd0nerupnorth @MrsNHP

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (3,119 Views)

★★★ Pro

I tried this in a custom made store and I could not replicate.

Objects that need to be restocked:

Spoiler
04-15-16_5-57-24 AM.png

The price changes after the object was restocked:

Spoiler
04-15-16_6-00-03 AM.png
Message 8 of 16 (3,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I was able to replicate last time I checked. I can't remember what I check since I thought, yeah, it's not subtracted.

BUT I think this could be a misunderstanding as it's added to outgoing costs and doesn't actually get deducted right away. Sales get added right away, so restocking costs should be deducted right away

I'll recheck.

EDIT: 

This is what happens when my own Sims restocks: The amount is deducted from my retail funds AND the outgoing cost are going up by that price. When an employee restocks, only the outgoing costs go up. This seems to be still an issue for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (3,071 Views)

★★★ Pro

I now see what you are talking about in the pictures.  Both pictures, the amount of retail funds stays the same.

Message 10 of 16 (3,046 Views)