[FIXED] [GTW] Employees Not Ringing Up Customers

by jw4yner

Original Post

Re: Get To Work - Employees Not Ringing Up Customers

Hero

Do they never do it for you ? Did you train them ? Encourage them ? Berate for slacking ? Mine are slow to do it but they do it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 60 (1,696 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Get to Work
I still notice that making a business has the grouping problem.
You open your Business and the sims still group in one spot and talk more than shop.
Employees still just stand there and don't checkout customers and a lot of sales fail even if your employees are maxed out in their skills.
I really would like to play "Get to work", but this is still a game play issue.

Message 42 of 60 (1,678 Views)

The Sims 4- Retail Bug

★ Novice
Will there be an update to fix the bug that causes retail employees to stand still during work on the sims 4 get to work? All of their skills can be maxed out, but they still will not ring up customers. My Sim gets close to starving because she has to run around ringing up all the customers while my two employees stand still. I've googled, and apparently a lot of Simmers have this problem. Please help, and thanks
Message 43 of 60 (1,676 Views)

Re: The Sims 4- Retail Bug

Hero (Retired)

Do you have any cc/mods in the game?

Message 44 of 60 (1,666 Views)

★ Novice
No, I don't
Message 45 of 60 (1,663 Views)

Hero

@haley_dugwrote:
Will there be an update to fix the bug that causes retail employees to stand still during work on the sims 4 get to work? All of their skills can be maxed out, but they still will not ring up customers. My Sim gets close to starving because she has to run around ringing up all the customers while my two employees stand still. I've googled, and apparently a lot of Simmers have this problem. Please help, and thanks

Merged with existing report.

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 60 (1,655 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Sim waits very long before ringing up a retail customer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is exacty the issue I was searching to see if anyone else was having. It's frustrating me beyond belief, and it's made my Sim lose customers.

It would also be great if anyone could tell me whether the tendency to stand there having casual conversations (regular ones, like they would with friends and acquaintances instead of Retail conversations) when there's a customer to be rung up and Ring Up Customer is in the queue is supposed to just be part of the game experience, or is that a bug too? 

My employees, also, have never rung up a customer even when told to. The only things they do are talk to the customers sometimes or just play, dance, or have casual conversations -- even when I've chosen employees who have strong Work Ethic (which is exactly why I started only choosing employees who had the high WE -- because I thought that was going to solve the problem, and it didn't).

Message 47 of 60 (1,609 Views)

★★★★ Novice

July 2016 and I for one am having almost every problem mentioned in this thread. Also have tried berating them and firing and hiring other Sims. I always make sure they have high work ethic but it still does not make them ring up customers. At this point I just stopped hiring employees and struggle with my active Sim doing everything themselves-- which is made more annoying, as I mentioned elsewhere, by their getting lumped into group conversations when there are retail actions queued, and the retail actions either take forever to drop into the queue or simply get ignored.

I don't personally feel like the Sim working the retail store, or the employees, should be able to interact socially on their retail lot, period, outside of retail options if this whole thing about ending up in group conversations is going to keep on being a problem. I know in real life people do have casual conversations -- while they're ringing up or suggesting sales to the customers -- and some employees do indeed slack off instead of working properly, but it's just as realistic to have conversations while also ringing up/suggesting sales/cleaning. In other words, why do the regular social interactions supersede the retail actions to the point that no matter which employee, which active Sim or which retail lot you're on, you're still losing sale after sale?

Side question: when you have an employee perform a work task, do you need to tell them to do it again and again each time it needs doing, or does setting them that particular task once at the beginning of their shift mean they'll do it the whole time? I was wondering if perhaps that's why my employees wouldn't ring up customers when they were set to. 

Message 48 of 60 (1,590 Views)

Hero

@ohepi wrote:

Side question: when you have an employee perform a work task, do you need to tell them to do it again and again each time it needs doing, or does setting them that particular task once at the beginning of their shift mean they'll do it the whole time? I was wondering if perhaps that's why my employees wouldn't ring up customers when they were set to. 

Once they start slacking, they'll loose the task you gave them and you have to re-assign it. Berate them and re-set it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 60 (1,583 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Sim waits very long before ringing up a retail customer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

April 2016 and EA still have not fixed this issue? GTW is a year old! Hello! Well I'm not buying anything The Sims 4 related until this issue and the issue of talking two hours to shower and a further 2 hours eating on Ultra Speed before work gets fixed.

No more sucking money and leaving us with a broken game and no 'fixie' ;-) The, barely buggy, Sims 2 it is!! :D

$ to EA Games = Game that works, NOT $ = Broken game EA Games cannot be bothered fixing. 'Okie? :3' I did notice EA trying to suck in more people to The, bug ridden, done nothing about, Sims 4 on YouTube. LOL! Poor them! ;-)

Message 50 of 60 (1,587 Views)