Re: Get To Work - Employees Not Ringing Up Customers

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@gurlgamer05 wrote:
I can't berate them because the game says that they are not slacking when they're actually dancing and not talking to customers.

^this

the ones the game did "see" as slacking i could berate  the other employee i hired i was watching very very closely  was sitting and chatting or dancing my sims were doing all the work  i may at this point have my sims do it all until i get enough points to unlock the extra employee slots and hire more to see what happens

edit to add i found a tip from a player on another site kudos to calinselene

[q]I just wanted to share something I’ve just discovered – If you want to have a ‘working’ restaurant retail lot, then place your baked/cooked food in the Lice Cold fridge. Sims will be able to eat food purchased from that fridge on the lot. No other displays/fridges allow that (as far as I’ve found).[q/]

what i have done is this added that fridge to the lot baked bread cupcakes etc set the item for sale-clicked on the fridge-open dragged and dropped the goodie to the fridge sims are buying the items and my employee got a increase in his sales skills too OH and make sure to keep an eye on the fridge as it will get dirty and a sim needs to clean it

Message 11 of 60 (3,680 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

I've added this thread.

2 & 3 are intentional and not bugs.

So this thread is mostly about 1 and a bit about 4.

Graham tweeted this earlier: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nj9ndr

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 60 (3,630 Views)

Hero (Retired)

cheers crin for the update-tweet Standard smile

Message 13 of 60 (3,574 Views)

Re: [GTW] Employees Not Ringing Up Customers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The best advice I can give and one that works the best for me is simply to resist the urge to speed up gameplay.  I can have my sim ring up a lot of folks if I queue em all up and keep it on the slowest speed.  The game tends to stutter and waste precious seconds when you put it in fast forward.

EDIT: I still fast forward when there are no folks wanting ringing up and I just want to queue a bunch of retail interactions, but I no longer use anything but regular speed when there is more than one customer wanting to pay.

Message 14 of 60 (3,309 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i don't  fast forward  time while playing the sims where qued up for ring up customers but some still  stomped off while that employee was dancing and not working

Message 15 of 60 (3,279 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem!! the employees don't sell anything!

Message 16 of 60 (3,209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Employees won't ring anyone up and I keep losing customers because my Sims can't keep up with them all.

Message 17 of 60 (3,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

Got the same problem... Employees won't do anything I tell them actually... 

Message 18 of 60 (2,870 Views)

★ Guide

I was going to post something about the Employees not working but I decided against it when I saw this thread. I have a thread What bugs aren't fixed in July 9 update? about the existing bugs and this includes the Employees issue, the thread is where I've heard about the Employees not working.

Message 19 of 60 (2,486 Views)

★★ Novice

I build a lot of retail venue's and test them before putting them in the gallery so I just want to add that if my Sim 'visits' any retail shop, the NPC employee's that are there will not ring up waiting customers that have the shopping cart blinking above their heads.  They ignore the customers and sit around talking.  The customer will eventually storm off stomping their feet which is why I continue to see a lot of really angry Sims walking about the community lots.

Message 20 of 60 (2,384 Views)