Re: Get To Work - Employees Not Ringing Up Customers

by DegeraSara

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Employees Not Ringing Up Customers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I've been playing GTW today for several hours and am having a few issues.

1. This is really bugging me... the employees that I hire (even when set to ring up customers) don't ring up customers, I have to have my Sim do it. I haven't had one single customer get rung up by an employee and with only one Sim, customers get mad and leave.

2. The checkout process takes way too long.

3. The restock interaction doesn't work well when you are baking cupcakes, it just buys a cupcake instead of getting the sim to go to the machine and make more.

4. When you go to a store you usually don't stand there and yap to everyone you see. My employees just wanna sit and talk to everyone.

Message 1 of 60 (29,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Employees Not Ringing Up Customers

Hero

• Employees should be more responsive now when checking out customers. In addition, we have sped up the checkout times in order to get Sims checked out faster.

This was addressed in Patch 1.24.102

I'm taking Feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 52 of 60 (17,622 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I'm also having trouble with employees that don't ring up any customers.  This is despite having 4 or 5 bars in work ethics, sales and handiness.  I tried several options, such as paying the employee more, and scolding them for slacking.  Of the two employees that I scolded, one started cleaning the store afterwards but still wouldn't ring up customers.  The other didn't show up at all the next day.  As much as I appreciate the added realism, it's frustrating.

Message 2 of 60 (29,714 Views)

Hero

@jw4yner wrote:

Hello, I've been playing GTW today for several hours and am having a few issues.

1. This is really bugging me... the employees that I hire (even when set to ring up customers) don't ring up customers, I have to have my Sim do it. I haven't had one single customer get rung up by an employee and with only one Sim, customers get mad and leave.

2. The checkout process takes way too long.

3. The restock interaction doesn't work well when you are baking cupcakes, it just buys a cupcake instead of getting the sim to go to the machine and make more.

4. When you go to a store you usually don't stand there and yap to everyone you see. My employees just wanna sit and talk to everyone.

1. Few reports on that. Did you try firing he one you have and hire a new one ?
  2. You can buy a perk that makes it faster. Since this is feedback, I would post that at the official forum in the Feedback section
  3. Restock always buys new stuff. You have to remove the sign and just place new ones yourself if you don't want it restocked. Removing signs seems to be bugged atm so try doing it through build/buy mode instead.
  4. Do they not try to make a sale ? You can see at the bar over the sims how close they are to buy something and the more you talk to them, the faster they decide. I think that's what the employees are doing, but I could be wrong of course. Still figuring things out myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 60 (29,686 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Here's what I mean when I say they won't ring up a customer:  I've selected the employee and given him or her the task of ringing up customers (and it should work because if you try to select that option again, it's grayed out.)  Now, I have three customers who have blue shopping carts above their heads, and I got notices from each one saying "I'm ready to check out when you get a chance to ring me up!"  I've gone to the first one myself, and start ringing them up.  I would then expect the employee to ring up one of the other two that are still waiting.  But they don't.  They either continue cleaning, or chatting with potential customers or just standing there.  Meanwhile, the other two customers get tired of waiting because it's taking me so long to ring up the first.  Their shopping carts go from blue to red and then vanish entirely and they leave the store.  (I understand there are retail perks to make the ringing up process go faster, but those perks have to be earned and it's more frustrating than fun.)

Message 4 of 60 (29,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm seeing reports of this on Facebook and in the Feedback forum that you spoke of. I did post there as well. I've tried many different employees, I've purchased the perks, and still having the issue.

I know sometimes you get bad employees, even in real life but my gosh, every single one of them shouldn't stink at their job.

Message 5 of 60 (29,637 Views)

Hero (Retired)

yep same here too  i had my sim and his wife go to the bakery i'm trying out had him bake to stock up before  opening up the shop  i've gone through 6 employees the last 3 i hired where top of the line so to speak employee's my sims where doing the baking cleaning restocking and ringing up even though the employees where given that task the last employee was funny as i get a pop up i need to go home now and if i don't go the employees commission will be hearing from me...me really ? your fired then i get the pop up she now despises  her ex boss ooooOopsOOKKKK easy fix there didn't save the game and exit to main menu  plus it didn't help either that customers came behind the counters to see the goods and chat too

Message 6 of 60 (29,630 Views)

Hero

@jw4yner Moved this to bug reporting for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 60 (29,564 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also having the same issues with employees. The almost never ring up customers even when assigned to do so as a task. I have only had them do it one time after I sat there and waited for them to do it for a long time. Many sales are lost because of it because it takes so long to ring them up that my sim cannot do them all.  The option to scold them for slacking is greyed out and it says they are not slacking (I think because all their talking is actually them performing the function of making sales).

I also think the process to restock and ring up takes too long although I haven't gotten the perk to speed it up yet so I can't say how much faster that is but will try it once I get more points saved up.

My temporary solution is to have more than one member of the household work in the store. You can then direct the sims you control to ring up the customers. At this point having employees is basically worthless.

Another observation is that when I visited the store as customer using another household items could be instantly purchased and there was no ringing up process. I also observed the employees tending to their duties much more diligently.

Firing does not help because no matter how high their work ethic skill is they still spend all day slacking off.

No mods, no CC.

Thanks

Message 8 of 60 (29,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. It is very annoying. I fire and hire new employees and have the same thing happen. I hope they fix this soon.

Message 9 of 60 (29,462 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm having this issue too. I tweeted Graham about it and just got told to keep berating them. I can't berate them because the game says that they are not slacking when they're actually dancing and not talking to customers.
Message 10 of 60 (29,436 Views)