Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Doctors Constantly Roll Whim to Take a Vacation Day

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim join the Doctor career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I have a Sim join the Doctor career, they start rolling the whim to take a vacation day CONSTANTLY.
What do you expect to see? Less rolling of the "take a vacation day" whim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but if it IS, then it's REALLY excessive. For some reason, whenever I have a Sim join the Doctor career, they start to roll the "Take a Vacation Day (From Doctor Career)" whim CONSTANTLY. You know, the one with a suitcase icon. I can't remember if the same thing occurs with the other active careers, so if anyone can share what they know in regards to that, I would much appreciate it. Yes, to clarify, I have not seen this level of obsession with this specific whim occurring in careers that are not of the active variety. My current doctor even rolls these whims on his weekly days off AND WHEN HE'S ACTUALLY ON A VACATION DAY.

Message 1 of 5 (528 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] Doctors Constantly Roll Whim to Take a Vacation Day

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Fixed by today's patch!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (481 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
hey. re: non-active careers, i have to say that my programmer and painter Sims *have* rolled that whim pretty often--but i haven't played them in a few weeks.
could it be related to how many vacation days they have already earned? or to how often they are stressed after work?

then, rolling it twice a day or when already *on* a vacation day... i have seen that happen once, maybe twice, because i don't remember if it was for them both, or if it was just the one Sim. so i also wonder if it's specifically tied to the active careers.
Message 2 of 5 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lorraine-Simmer Do you still see this constantly ?

Going to tag this on Feedback for now as there haven't been any me toos. to see if others have this issue as well.

The excessive something are always a bit hard to decide if it's a bug,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (451 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Fixed by today's patch!

Message 4 of 5 (482 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

True. Kinda forgot we had a separate thread for that :D

• Doctors and Detectives will no longer receive the Go on Vacation whim so frequently.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (414 Views)