Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Doctor: Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★ Novice

I have this problem too and my sim isnt a vampire

Message 41 of 62 (1,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My sim is a Chief of Staff in the Medical career. He just diagnosed a patient with Burning Belly which requires surgery.
I click on the treat patient option and she followed him to the surgery table. He went to the controls while she laid down, but that's where it stops. She gets up and goes to lie down on the other surgery table and he freezes. I've used reset sim on him and tell him to treat her again, but it just repeats.
This does not occur during emergencies just on diagnoses. It's happened before, but it's been a long time.
This has occurred for me for both diagnosed and for emergency surgeries.

Message 42 of 62 (1,419 Views)

Re: [PS4] Surgery Table in Hospital glitching

★★★ Newbie

I solved the problem (on PC) by using bb.enablefreebuild and deleting the second surgery table.

Not sure if that works on ps4, but thought I would shared a solution for those who find this like I did.

Message 43 of 62 (1,376 Views)

Hero
@thisisaurelia I moved your post over to the PC thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 62 (1,367 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too, with a non-occult sim.

Message 45 of 62 (1,348 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The same here. But apparently there is an workaround, at least to advance the career promotion. The bug happens when you help the sim who passed out at the hospital entrance. But, some patients who are already hospitalized also ask for surgical treatment, and these don't "bug".

One more tip. If your sim freezes due to the bug, you have two options: First try canceling the action by clicking it in the queue. It takes a few seconds, but your sim starts moving again (although the patient sim is still stuck on the surgery table). Secondly, you can reset your sim. This action will unstuck both the sims, doctor and patient, at the same time.

Resetting a sim
1. Type testingcheats true and click Enter.
2. Press the Shift button and then click on the Sim you want to reset.
3. Select the Reset Object (Debug) option.

It doesn't fix the bug, EA still needs to fix it, but at least you don't get stuck in your career promotion.

*Sorry if my English maybe sounds weird. I tryed my best here.

Message 46 of 62 (1,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@thisisaurelia wrote:

I solved the problem (on PC) by using bb.enablefreebuild and deleting the second surgery table.

Not sure if that works on ps4, but thought I would shared a solution for those who find this like I did.

That is a good one. I'll use it if, in the future, both diagnosed and emergency surgeries get the bug.

Message 47 of 62 (1,278 Views)

★ Novice

Has ea responded to this yet? I see this was opened in June. Still happening for me in October. 

Message 48 of 62 (1,184 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@chrissycowie Not to my knowledge; sorry to hear you are also experiencing this. I'm keeping this open in the hopes EA can solve it. I did get someone asking for a save with the bug in it so it could be looked at but no other word since then.
Message 49 of 62 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm bothering to chime in because I only have the original Sims 4, Get to Work, Jungle Adventures, and Backyard stuff. (Oh, and the seasonal freebie and the guiltar?)
This happens to me not with any particular event, but simply every time my doctor refers a patient for surgery. Exactly as the OP describes.
Well, except that I can cancel the action and go about treating other patients. But it never completes the surgery, and that patient stays on the (2nd) operating table until I leave work. (Well, they are still there at that point, but it resets for the new work day.)

My game version is PC: 1.56.52.1020

Message 50 of 62 (1,090 Views)