Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

by ladyonecstacy

Original Post

★★★ Novice

This issue has been happening to me now that my sim is high enough in the doctor career. The collapsed sim comes in, I bring them to the surgery machine and begin. The sim then gets up, goes to the other machine and cannot be interacted with anymore. Thankfully my sim doesn't get stuck and can resume their work. I was able to do a regular surgery with another sim later in the day, and there were no issues even though the "collapsed sim" is still lying in the second surgery machine. 

Not sure if this information is helpful, especially since the collapsed sim still a problem, but at least it can be worked around until the glitch is fixed. 

Message 21 of 62 (2,896 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have same issue on ps4 with human sim. Eventually got the 3 surgeries done through diagnosing patients, which worked fine. Unfortunately for everyone experiencing this glitch, your totally borked at level 8, because basically the same issue happens with the pregnant sim you need to complete the promotion task, and that ONLY occurs as a work emergency event. Definitely an issue connected to the surgical emergency work events, the only difference with pregnant sim was that they just change clothes and leave, sometimes before even getting to the table. Resetsim failed to help, as did removing the surgery station in the smaller room that the event surgeries seem to prefer to go to as same issue occurred on the other station. Spent hours yesterday trying to figure out a way to continue without using cheat to promote and ruining trophy unlocks on my save but I eventually gave up. Is extremely frustrating.

Message 22 of 62 (2,876 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue as well. I've had it happen multiple times, with two different sims, within two different save files.

Message 23 of 62 (2,842 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I may have found a temporary work around by removing one of the surgery tables using the "bb.enablefreebuild" cheat. After doing so I was able to successfully perform a standard surgery. I'll do further testing to see if my success continues.

Message 24 of 62 (2,822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was the only thing that worked!! Thank you!

Message 25 of 62 (2,800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's not a workaround, you can perform a standard diagnosed surgery either way. But removing the table will definitely not make you able to perform surgery on the pregnant sim who comes in only from work emergency event and that prevents advancement in the career past 8. The problem is clearly with the surgical work emergencies, if you could diagnose a pregnant sim for surgery through normal patient care, it would likely work fine just like the 2 diseases that require it, but you cannot.

Message 26 of 62 (2,785 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was just able to successfully preform a work emergency surgery. Now I just need a pregnancy surgery.  

Message 27 of 62 (2,751 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Doctor: Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★ Novice

Hello!

I had this problem too, so I decided to find a way to get rid of one of the surgery tables so they cannot switch halfway through. (Both surgery tables are never used at the same time anyway.) 

TO FIX THIS GLITCH: 

1. Wait until your sim goes to work

2. When on the lot, open up the cheat menu (Ctrl + Shift + C)

3. Enter "bb.enablefreebuild"

4. Click on one of the surgery tables and delete/sell it. 

(5. I saved and went to the main menu to get rid of the "cheat screen" but I'm sure there's an easier way to do that.)

This 100% worked for me and I hope it works for you guys too!

Message 28 of 62 (2,737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I have the exact problem on PS4 console so no mods.  Is this being worked for a fix or is this just the place to complain about it?  How do we get through the surgery challenge?

Message 29 of 62 (2,697 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You can get through the 3 surgeries required by normal patient diagnosis, and\or misdiagnosis (will get penalized for the latter but that can be quicker to recover than waiting for 1 of the 2 possible surgery requiring illnesses). 

Or as some previous posts suggested, going into freebuild mode and removing one of the surgery tables can work.

The 3 surgeries is honestly not where the issue becomes a major problem, it's just annoying. It's at the next career level that it becomes broken, when you need to Deliver a baby for the promotion task, because as I stated in multiple previous posts, removing the table did not fix the issue with the pregnant sim leaving. I tried for hours, resetsim failed, removing either table failed,  returning to work in the days following failed. Nothing would keep the pregnant sim patient from just suddenly changing clothes and leaving the hospital. At one point I used resetsim on them about 20 times, slowly getting them closer to the surgery table each time, until they finally got on it, and then 5 seconds after starting the surgery they got up and changed clothes and left..... And because the pregnant sim patient only comes into the hospital as a work emergency event, i.e. you can't just have a random normal patient come in needing a delivery performed, you can't progress from 8 to 9.

That's when I gave up.

Message 30 of 62 (2,676 Views)