Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Doctor: Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids' Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At level 7 of the Doctor Career, when the event to Assess the Collapsed Sim occurs and the Sim who is the doctor leads the patient to the surgery table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The patient will lay down for the surgery, but as soon as my doctor Sim begins the surgery, the patient gets up and moves to the other surgery table. My doctor sim will not complete the surgery and trying to cancel the action and resume the surgery at the table the patient is now at is not an available option. Time continues to run as normal but my Doctor Sim does not move.
What do you expect to see? I am expecting the surgery to continue and finish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is my first time getting a Sim through the doctor career, so I have not encountered this bug before. My doctor is a vampire, but has any movement enhancements disabled since he used to beat Sims to objects and complete his actions before the patients arrived. But this appears different, as he begins to move the surgery table joysticks then the table and the sim freezes, but time does not. The patient gets up and moves to the other table. I have not changed the lot at all, it is still the vanilla lot. Very confused and worried this will mean I can not complete the 3 surgeries he needs to advance his career. 

Message 1 of 62 (10,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

Hero

Patient Sims that are referred to the surgery table will no longer leave in the middle of surgery.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 54 of 62 (5,600 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Both my human sim and my vampire sim completed the surgeries with no problems. 

At this point, I'd ask what perks and weaknesses does your vampire sim have, I can add those to my sim and test to see if it's something there causing the problem. 

Message 2 of 62 (10,661 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@xoChelleJoxo Certainly; Perks are Detect Personality, Bat Form (currently disabled), 3/3 Occult Master, 3/3 Master of Darkness, Manipulate Life Spirit, 3/3 Perfect Sun Resistance, Tamed Thirst.
Weaknesses: Guilty Drinker, Sleep of the Undead, 2/2 Nightmarish Sleep, Eternal Sadness.
There is also a thunderstorm happening currently, but he has the Storm Chaser reward trait. His needs are currently high and his Vampire Energy is as well.
Message 3 of 62 (10,643 Views)

★★ Guide
@NinjaDogBuilds I've given my vampire all those perks and weaknesses and she still had no issues preforming surgery.

How many times has this happened to your sim? All on the same day? You say a thunderstorm is going on right now, which makes me think it might be a one day event?

If you upload your save, I can test to see if it happens in my game.
Message 4 of 62 (10,632 Views)

just updated the

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous Seasons Cats & Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Parent Hood Vampires Spa Day Outdoor Retreat My First Pet Stuff Laundry Day Stuff Toddler Stuff Fitness Stuff Vintage Glamour Backyard Stuff Kids Room Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Spooky Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim is in the doctor career and is a general practitioner. When a collapsed sim comes into the hospital she goes to perform surgery. She goes to the operating machine and the sim gets in. Then just when she is about the start, the sim gets up and goes to the other operating machine in another room, but my sim doesn't move
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim tries to operate on a collapsed sims. They both go to an operating machine and then the patient gets up and goes to the operating machine in the other room and my sim doesn't move. She just stands there waiting for the patient and can't interact. The surgery doesn't happen and she will stand there until her workday is over.
What do you expect to see? My sim to take a patient to the operating machine and perform surgery at the one machine until it is finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch/update. I updated it June 19th 2019 and since then this problem had occurred.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I3QtMfCNRVHYwISYBFNsUV6gMitOYNpj/view?usp=sharing

The link is to a picture of the problem 

Before this most recent patch, I haven't had a problem with the doctor career. I had some mods, but only for clothing and a few furniture items and this problem never occurred. Since I noticed the problem, I removed my mods thinking that might help, but it didn't make a difference. So far this has happened 3 times and because my sim can't successfully perform surgery, she can't complete the promotion requirements to get promoted in her career.  

Message 5 of 62 (10,622 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is an event and I have sent a link to my save for reference.

Message 6 of 62 (10,613 Views)

Re: just updated the

Hero
@tchrystall24 Merging your post as it sounds very similar. Is your Sim also a Vamp ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 62 (10,598 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me with my fully human super sim, sometime after get famous released although it was my first time as a doctor. I believe it also happened to me after the collapsed person emergency event, and I'm pretty sure it worked as intended with patients I diagnosed as needing surgery.

Message 8 of 62 (10,578 Views)

Re: just updated the

★★ Novice
@crinrict No my sim is not a vampire, just a doctor
Message 9 of 62 (10,557 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but my sim isn't a vampire.  Hoping it gets resolved because my sim will be demoted soon if I can't perform 3 surgeries. 

Message 10 of 62 (10,529 Views)