Re: can't find preg

by relromaior

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I was just wondering if you had fixed this problem? I have been experiencing it now but can't seem to find a solution. 

Thanks Standard smile 

Message 81 of 102 (5,249 Views)

Hero

Hi @relromaior

there's no solution other than using a cheat to promote the Sim or using a mod (MC Command Center, just goolge)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 102 (5,246 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Thankyou @crinrict

Hopefully one day itl be fixed. The cheat will do for now.

Standard smile
Message 83 of 102 (5,243 Views)

Re: [GTW] Pregnant Sims never appear

★ Apprentice

I also noticed a slight correlation between lifespan and pregnant sims appearing. The task wouldn't appear at all for me on long lifespan. I switched (to normal I think) and the task would appear, but the pregnant sim wouldn't. I had the same pregnant sim task for what felt like 5 days straight. This was on my first doctor sim who died before I could promote her.

I created a new doctor sim when I switched computers. I think she started out on normal. But I do like long life, so maybe I switched her over. The pregnancy task spawned less frequently, but each time no pregnant sim showed up. I finally caved and used the cheat code. She was able to do subsequent promotions to a level 10 doctor without any problem. However, I have yet to successfully deliver a baby.

Origin games installed: All of the main expansions to city living, spooky stuff, holiday stuff, vampires, outdoor living, spa day.

No cc or mods installed.

Message 84 of 102 (5,194 Views)

No pregnant Sim appears for task in doctor career

★★★ Novice
I too am having trouble with the pregnant Sim not appearing. I get the task, but no sim. I'll get the task for collapsed sim & they show just not the pregnant Sim. I don't have mods or custom content. I don't like using cheats (motherlode is the only one I like)so I don't want to use a cheat to advance her. Guess I play a different family til they fix this.
Message 85 of 102 (5,113 Views)

Re: No pregnant Sim appears for task in doctor career

Hero

Hi @franktongirl

merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 102 (5,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem.  This pack has been out for over 2 years. I should not have to use a cheat to finish the core content of this pack.  Do we know of any patches in the works that will address this?

Message 87 of 102 (5,062 Views)

Hero

EA/Maxis never gives us info on when something is going to be fixed so no, there's no info along that line.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 102 (5,054 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [GTW] Delivering Baby event not spawning pregnant Sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims who reach level 8 in the Doctor career should now find that pregnant Sims are actually coming to the hospital to complete the Deliver a Baby promotion task.
  • C’mon honey, your pregnant, and it’s time to go to the hospital.
    • Nope
  • Nope? But, you’re… pregnant… and… it’s time.
    • Nope. Rather have my pregnancy off lot.
  • Off what?
    • Off lot, you know off camera, no pain, no animation. No baby… and then *pop* baby. So much nicer than labor.
  • But they fixed the issue.
    • They did WHAT?!

This was fixed in Patch 1.32.1

This issue is back in Patch 1.36. If someone could open a new thread, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 102 (55,913 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [GTW] Delivering Baby event not spawning pregnant Sims

★★ Novice

I recently encountered this issue. It took about a week (sim time) for the task to show up. After a few simhours, I noticed the pregnant patient standing on the very edge of the neighbourhood. But she wouldn't come into the hospital! Other patients had no trouble entering the hospital and waiting by the front desk. I saved my game and then used the resetSim cheat to reset the pregnant patient. She re-spawned right in front of the hospital and entered without a problem.

So if you're encountering this issue, it might help to thoroughly check side walks around the hospital for any stuck sims and resetting them.

Message 90 of 102 (4,785 Views)