Re: can't find preg

by AkiraAnna

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Pregnant Sims never appear

★★ Novice

Hello! I was experimenting with my sim who is also in the doctor career, since I also experienced the non-spawning pregnant sim with the delivery notification and had to cheat in order to promote. I just began playing the game with the long life option, and I found out that using both short and long lifespans will bug the pregnant woman spawn. While working, the bug was in play until I changed my lifespan to normal, then a pregnant Goth walked through the door and I was able to do the job. The sad part about this is that I want to keep my lifespan long, but won't be able to deliver babies unless I constantly change the lifespan.

Long story short:

Try changing the lifespan to normal.

If that does not solve your problem, I am sorry, but I tried! If it did, have fun delivering babies!

Message 71 of 102 (1,644 Views)

Champion

Sounds coincidental to me.

Previous posts suggest that sometimes a pregnant sim can show up correctly, but this is extremely rare.

deaderpool also posted about finding a broken line of code in the core game files which stops the pregnant sims spawning at the hospital, so it's unlikely changing life spans has any effect on this. If you are using mods and have MCC by deaderpool, a fix for this is included with that, so that could be why you are now seeing pregnant sims showing up.

Message 72 of 102 (1,627 Views)

★★ Novice

It probably was coincidental, but I'll keep trying it out just in case it could help more. I haven't downloaded any cc or mods just yet, but I may download that one sometime at the end of today. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 73 of 102 (1,611 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm this bug is still in play. I tried setting the sim ageing down to "Normal", but that didn't do anything to help with the spawning. So I just used the cheat to level up the Sim.

Message 74 of 102 (1,576 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello guys! I hope some of you still are on here and will be able to help me! I've bought new extension packs recently that are:

Get To Work

Cool Kitchen Stuff

Before that I've already had:

Vampire 

Kids Room Stuff

Holiday Celebration Pack ( free )

Bare in mind its all on Origin.

I have an issue of doing my task which is also helping a sim delivering a baby! I've seen the dates of when you guys had this issue and it was a while ago so I really hope someone will help me! 

I'm not good with computer stuff so i don't know if I have any mods or not, not even sure what they are. I play sims in Polish language too, could that be an issue by any chance? If not please someone tell me how to fix this! I hate using cheats Frown 

Message 75 of 102 (1,552 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you change the lifespan while being at work? 

Message 76 of 102 (1,544 Views)

Hero

Hi  @AkiraAnna

as you can see in this thread, it's a common bug. Other than cheating the promotion, there's not much you can do. There's a few suggestions in this thread you can try though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 102 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As much as I have been testing the lifespan change, it only works every once in a while if changed at work. Though, I have downloaded my first mod by deaderpoolmc called MC Command Center that has fixed the bug for me. If you're interested in downloading it, they have details on what the mod does, which is a lot, and it has been very helpful to me. 

MC Command Center Download

<Removed link. Please do not link external mods and programs. Just name them>

It also has instructions on how to download it.

Message 78 of 102 (1,529 Views)

Cannot deliver a baby

★★ Newbie

I am currently at level 8 Doctor career, and it requires me to deliver a baby to get improvement. However when the quest list shows that there is a pregnant sim has arrived, the sim did not show in the hospital and other patient did not show up as usual. I have stuck here for several days.

I think this bug has exist for half year, and it still there.

Message 79 of 102 (1,470 Views)

Re: Cannot deliver a baby

Hero

Hi @EzWEzgo

merged your post with existing thread

There's a few suggestions in this thread that you can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 102 (1,452 Views)