Re: Medical Profession Bug

Hero

Hi @DerekJ63909

yes it is a known issue

merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 102 (2,374 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Delivering Baby event not spawning pregnant Sims

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem and finally looked on the internet to see what I could learn... found this... will use the cheat to promote.  But I wanted to contribute by saying that I'm running the game having never installed a mod or messed with the doctor's office.  I haven't tinkered with anything and it still does this.  I don't think anyone should blame or question their actions when this occurs - it seems to be a bug in the unadulterated game itself.

Message 42 of 102 (2,355 Views)

Hero

@AnakiMana wrote:

..- it seems to be a bug in the unadulterated game itself.

No one is saying otherwise.

All bugs on the compiled list here are vanilla game bugs that need fixing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 102 (2,351 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I thought I was losing my mind for a second, because I've been at level 8 for ages and didn't have the delivery objective showing up at all for 2 sim weeks and then it shows up, but no pregnant sims shows up. I get collapsing patients that show up.

Today while playing, I got the delivery objective and was ecstatic that a pregnant sim was finally showing up.

One problem though: she wasn't there to give birth. She just had a regular ol' illness to cure, which has never happened for all the time I've played this game. Never had a pregnant sim come in with a regular illness to cure. 

When I first played GTW, I had no issue with preggo sims coming through to be delivered, but now, none are showing up at all. I hope this bug is fixed very soon, because I've been playing the game mostly cheat-free (with the exception of resetting glitching/lagging sims) and mod-free. 

Message 44 of 102 (2,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ikr....It's 2017 and still no fix Frown

Message 45 of 102 (2,264 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. It went on for so long that I ended up working on other households because trying to get the sim I have in the doctor career promoted was becoming annoying.

When I was still trying to get that sim promoted I had no CC and I think I had tried repairing my game once to no avail. I'm glad to hear there is a promote cheat though. Maybe I'll be able to get back to working with that sim without the annoyance from the inability to progress.

Message 46 of 102 (2,156 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. Level 8 doctor and no pregnant sims to deliver. I do not use mods. All content was downloaded from the exchange (no cc I think) The first time the event option "Deliver Baby" didn't appear on the job tasks menu no matter how long I waited.

I just got a new computer and reinstalled all my sims games. I started from scratch (no data transfer between systems.)  I haven't placed a new lot or family into the world yet. I now have a level 8 Doctor, and the task "Deliver Baby" shows up almost every day at work. (At least 5 times) However, there are no pregnant sims in the lobby. (Sometimes there's just a kid).  I've scanned the building and no pregnant sims. I've scanned the entire area every time. No pregnant sims. (Sometimes no sims at all).

Is this a permanent glitch? I don't want to cheat to promote. I've heard all kinds of crazy ways people tried to fix this including filling every house with pregnant sims.   It's crazy that this hasn't been fixed yet.

Message 47 of 102 (1,923 Views)

★ Novice
I literally had the same issue and it was really annoying!! But one day I was working and a pop up menu randomly appeared and only way was to press ok and the pregnant sim was at the front desk ready to be treated. I think u just have to keep on playing and hope for the best and be lucky.
Message 48 of 102 (1,890 Views)

★ Apprentice

I get the task in the side menu, but the pop up screen never appears. Therefore, I can't press okay. 

It's like how sometimes the collapsed sim task will appear on the menu before the sim arrives at the hospital. The sim walks there and collapses and then you get the pop up. My pregnant sim won't spawn so I can't get the pop up with the okay button.

Message 49 of 102 (1,873 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to say I'm having this issue now. I never had it before, I'm a old simmer haha and this is the first time. Also I want to be very clear for those who don't know what to do about their mods: this problem exists WITHOUT mods, there is no mod or thing like that that is causing this, because I never played with mods or cheats or anything and I still have it. And a lot of people who don't use them too, so don't delete your mods.

And I also posted a topic in spanish because is my main language, but as usual, in english I ALWAYS have more people who have the same issue as me haha. Love english!

I hope they fix this soon, I get a little cranky when I'm playing with bugs ¬¬ haha

Message 50 of 102 (1,842 Views)