Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Deliver baby task still broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides jungle adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Never get pregnant sim. And since patch there is never a receptionist anymore at the front desk of the hospital.
What do you expect to see? People working at the hospital. A pregnant sim to deliver her baby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I read in the new patch notes this problem was supposed to be fixed. We're supposed to get to deliver a baby easily. I was so excited since I've been waiting for that to be fixed. Been playing months trying to deliver a baby. Tried it out today, but still nothing. I keep getting that house call and collapsed sim over and over. It's been six work days so far. No pregnant sim. 

It also seems strange at the hospital. There's never a receptionist anymore and only one or two workers. I used to see my other sim doctors I play from the neighborhood in there and now they are never there working anymore. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Deliver baby task still broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

After seven working days my doctor delivered a baby. It's working!! 

Thanks for alerting me to that other post about the receptionist. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,652 Views)

All Replies

Re: Deliver baby task still broken

Hero
Before you would get the message that a pregnant Sim is supposed to show up, but never did. Seems you're not even getting a message ?

It's always been a very rare event so not sure if that's still the same issue we had before.

I'll do some testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No. Even before the patch I never got a message about any pregnant sim. I even made sims I play get pregnant hoping they would come in but they never did. So, no, never received a message. Hopefully it's not just me. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,660 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had my sim I made marry an npc and he is the doctor I am referring to. Playing an npc as a doctor wouldn't effect it like this would it? I wouldn't think it would, but just trying to figure it out. I turned off my cc and played it through just to make sure it wasn't that. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,656 Views)

Hero
Guess my Sim is joining the doctor career :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,651 Views)

Hero
@freiundentwirrt Are you using the standard hospital or your own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,627 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm using the standard hospital. Haven't moved or deleted a single thing. Thanks so much for helping. I'm researching it too, trying to figure it out cause it seems like nobody else is having issues with it. Either that or I might just have to use a cheat but really don't want to. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,614 Views)

Hero
The receptionist issue is probably related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ADD-GTW-Reception-functionality-at-THE-Front-Desk-broken-for/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,608 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After seven working days my doctor delivered a baby. It's working!! 

Thanks for alerting me to that other post about the receptionist. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,653 Views)

Hero
That's good to hear. Thanks for your feedback. Marking this as fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,573 Views)