Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] [DO] [C&D] All perks erased/All perk points reset

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? ???
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a vet hospital, a restaurant or a retail store.
What happens when the bug occurs? I lose what I've worked hard to establish and I get angry.
What do you expect to see? I expect this to get fixed ... this has been happening for at least a couple of years.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I like being able to have personal businesses to make a living. I enjoy all three types of venues and like to explore the different skills and perks each has to offer. I've spent hours making these businesses perfect. I even build apartments attached to the main building so that I can literally live my business.

I spent hours making a Vet Clinic and working my sims' butt off so I could purchase all of the Vet perks - I had a 5-star rating. Then I spent hours building my restaurant and working my sims' butt off AGAIN so I could get all the Restaurant perks - Just barely getting a 5-star rating. Then I spent MORE hours building the perfect store and collecting all of my Retail perks .... Then my sim leaves the lot to deliver a baby at the hospital and when I get her the hell out of the house so I can go back to making money, all of the perks have reset and I have 0 perk points.

Yes, I know about the cheats, but why should I have to spend time copy & pasting for 10-15 minutes on each of my businesses to get back what I've already achieved?! When I go to my businesses, I don't want to waste time putting cheats in - I just want to jump right in!

This has been happening for a while now. How is it that there isn't a fix for this? If you won't fix the bug, can't we at least get a cheat to give perk points? At least I'd save myself a LITTLE bit of time by avoiding the abuse of my window key and having to wait for my desktop to load, then having to wait again for the game screen to load back up.

I've never used a MOD for the Sims 4, but I'm considering grabbing one that offers free perks.

Message 1 of 24 (3,705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] [DO] [C&D] All perks erased/All perk points reset

★★ Guide
@crinrict At the time they did. I haven't had a problem with this since the latest patch, and I've been watching for it so I could be sure I cheated back in the points I'd "lost". Maybe it's been fixed?

View in thread

Message 21 of 24 (3,754 Views)

All Replies

Re: All perks erased/All perk points reset

Hero
Is the baby delivery the only thing that has triggered it ? Have you tried a backup from before the delivery to see if it happens again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (3,659 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm not sure exactly what is triggering it.I don't know if it was whether I left the lot, went into full CAS mode, moved people from my household or whether it was making an addition to my household. I've been trying to find a trigger for the past few hours. I've been checking my perk points every few minutes ... most especially before I save - I don't have back-ups. I only have one save file. I try to keep my game as simple as possible to prevent lagging.
Message 3 of 24 (3,644 Views)

Hero

The game makes automatic backups so if you haven't saved more then 4 times since it happened, those might still be around.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (3,643 Views)

Hero
Added this for now to see if others also got this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (3,567 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could we possibly get a save file for where this issue occurred? It'd help us investigate the issue. Instructions for sending save files are in the following link, thanks so much! http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 24 (3,547 Views)

Game does not open the relationship options of toddlers with other toddlers.

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Putting toddlers to interact.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game does not open the options for relationship interaction between toddlers.
What do you expect to see? bug.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

A strange problem is occurring in my game. I have 2 toddlers in my family's family tree in the game, they are cousins ​​and do not live in the same house when I invite one of these babies to go to each other's house to talk or play relationship options do not open. I have tried to use the adult sims multitasking mode talking to the 2 toddlers to get to know each other but the same they do not talk or play with each other.

This bug is bothering me a lot, because these 2 toddlers are cousins ​​and I wanted to put the 2 to talk or play with each other.

I do not use mods and already tried to repair the game on Origin.

Message 7 of 24 (3,476 Views)

Re: Game does not open the relationship options of toddlers with other toddlers.

Hero
@wallaosg Could be related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Toddlers-cannot-interact-with-extended-family/td...

Is it just the toddlers among each other ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (3,455 Views)

Re: Game does not open the relationship options of toddlers with other toddlers.

Hero
@wallaosg tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (3,414 Views)

Sims 4 restaurant perks

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs and game packs installed. I left out a few stuff packs (Moschino, fitness, kitchen, movie hangout, luxury party, and toddler)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play multiple household in one single save. And play one household specialize in restaurant management. Everytime I switched to play other household and comeback, all restaurant perks and points disappear. This does not happen to retail store and vet clinic so Im not sure why.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime I switch out of restaurant-managing household.
What do you expect to see? Perks and perk points remain the same after I switch to play the hoisehold.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

<Edited by CM to remove duplicate template>

Message 10 of 24 (3,409 Views)