Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Civilians not approaching Police Station front desk

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Follow a Detective career sim to work at the Police Station.
What happens when the bug occurs? Civilians reporting crimes will be stuck at the spawn in point playing games on their phones and being idle instead of walking into the Police Station and approaching the Front Desk reception. This appears to be an issue with the desk or the receptionist being unavailable to initiate group conversation with the civilians.
What do you expect to see? I expect the civilians to come into the Police Station and talk to the receptionist so that they are ready for my detective to take their crime reports.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening after the May 25 2017 pre parenthood patch (PC Version 1.30.103.1010)

Since the May/June patches, I've noticed that civilians with crime reports are not approaching the front desk at the Police Station. Before the patch, they'd walk into the station, approach the front desk and then chat with the duty officer stationing the front desk.

Now, after the patch, they seem to go idle at the neighbourhood spawn-in point either playing games on their phones or standing still as if they are waiting for someone to join a conversation.

When I start a conversation with the police officer at the front desk, I notice that the civilians are also participating in the conversation, even though they are far away at the spawn point. So it seems like something has changed with the way they interact with the officer at the front desk, either they can't start a conversation with the desk sergeant or something has changed with the way the desk sergeant is using the computer e.g. maybe too busy with the browsing the web animation and ignores the civilians?

Sometimes, if I force the police officer at the front desk off the computer, then the civilians walk into the station as if they are going to chat with the guy, but then because it took so long, they then immediately leave.

civilians.jpg

Message 1 of 10 (3,621 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Civilians not approaching Police Station front desk

[ Edited ]
Hero

I didn't have any come but for me, they weren't stuck either. There were simply none. Maybe they were somewhere father away though.

Could you make a new thread for me ? Thanks.

It's better to have a fresh thread cause of the me toos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (4,030 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Civilians not approaching Police Station front desk

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,578 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes, same bug here.

Message 3 of 10 (3,568 Views)

Champion

Since the 7 November 2017 patch (PC 1.36.99.1020) and it's change to "THE Front Desk" which I believe is the same one used as the Police Station's front desk, it appears to have fixed the issue, as Civilian sims started walking into my police station and chatting with the receptionist again.

I'd like to know if it is also working again for other people who also clicked the "Me too" but am hesitant to accept it as resolved until we know what happens after they fix the new issue with "THE Front Desk" (where any computer placed on it only has "order" and missing other options.

Message 4 of 10 (3,460 Views)

Hero

I'll try and test. I was able to duplicate this last time so I see what I get.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (3,250 Views)

Hero

Tested. Also fixed for me .. marking as fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (3,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This bug seems to have returned again since the last patch (March 8 2018 - Version PC 1.41.38.1020).

• Civilians will be standing on the sidewalk at the spawn point of the police station and not approaching the front desk.
  • A random police staff member may be sitting at the front desk, but not actually doing the receptionist role - they're just there to use the computer as if it were any other desk. When they're done, they can get up and leave and go off to do something else, leaving it unstaffed.
  • The front desk seems to have lost its special reception desk functionality - if I get the NPC sitting there to stand up, there's no "Staff Front Desk" interaction for your own playable sim to act as the receptionist, and also NPCs are not autonomously choosing to do that either - probably because it's missing that interaction.

I haven't yet tested to see if this is also the case at the Hospital and the Science Lab too.

reception.jpg

civilian.jpg

Message 7 of 10 (3,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I didn't have any come but for me, they weren't stuck either. There were simply none. Maybe they were somewhere father away though.

Could you make a new thread for me ? Thanks.

It's better to have a fresh thread cause of the me toos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (4,031 Views)

Champion

OK I've created a new thread.

I was also able to test the science career and the doctor career and the same reception front desk is broken for those careers too.

Message 9 of 10 (3,024 Views)

Hero
Thank you. Locking this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (3,004 Views)