Re: I can't mix serums anymore :-(

by Don_Doh

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Chemistry Lab broken

Hero

I've tested this in my own game now and it seems only Sims that were in the science career during patching of the game.

I newly (or again) put mine in the career and the problem does not occur.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 47 (1,812 Views)

after new patch FutureSims Lab equipment does not work

★★★★★ Apprentice

Loaded my game today, the patch installed (MAC OS X), went to work with my scientist and he can no longer use the chemistry lab or analyzer. All he can do is tinker or experiment. It worked fine before this latest patch. They don't even work at his home. I deleted the chemistry lab and bought a new one, but he still can't use it. Please fix this.

Message 22 of 47 (1,797 Views)

Re: after new patch FutureSims Lab equipment does not work

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @neuroticnelly@Avanjo

merged your post with existing thread

Please refer to this for a possible solution: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/03/scientist-can-only-experiment-on-the-chemestry-lab/

EDIT: I'm marking this as workaround for visibility.  

If the workaround helps you, please consider giving Posalone XP on this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GTW-Chemistry-Lab-broken/m-p/5247595/high...

EDIT: Added another workaround to my blog post. Found by LoneWatcher in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GTW-Chemistry-Lab-broken/m-p/5259111/#M23...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 47 (1,792 Views)

The chemistry lab in TS4

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem as everyone else, since the patch on march 22:nd making serums on the Chemistry Lab doesn't work. I have no cc/mods installed. I played the game before and after I installed the patch and that's definitely the problem. I have tried repairing the game and resetting my Sims 4 folder. Nothing works Frown

Message 24 of 47 (1,788 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Chemistry Lab broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

He already was level 10 in the scientist career before the patch. Do you think I should change his career and then put him back in it?

@crinrict wrote:

I've tested this in my own game now and it seems only Sims that were in the science career during patching of the game.

I newly (or again) put mine in the career and the problem does not occur.

Message 25 of 47 (1,757 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @neuroticnelly@Avanjo

merged your post with existing thread

Please refer to this for a possible solution: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/03/scientist-can-only-experiment-on-the-chemestry-lab/

EDIT: I'm marking this as workaround for visibility.  

If the workaround helps you, please consider giving XP on this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GTW-Chemistry-Lab-broken/m-p/5247595/high...

Thanks Crinrict! I'll go back in and have him quit and rejoin the science career. Yes I'll give you props if it works. Standard smile

Message 26 of 47 (1,756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help! I quit and rejoined the scientist career and the chemistry lab works again! Much love to you :D

Message 27 of 47 (1,738 Views)

I can't mix serums anymore :-(

★ Novice
I have earlier been able to mix serums with my scientist, bur when i now try to use the Chemistry Lab i only get the options "Experiment", "Tinker" and "Push Big Red Button" no "Synthesize Serum" :-(
And I very much wish to make serums, so i hope, you can help me?
(I have plenty of the ingredients for the serums, so that is not the reason for my problem).

My scientist have been promoted to UFOLOGIST, i don't know, if my problem have anything to do with that, but i di still get Work Tasks about making and using serums, so i guess, it is some kind of bug, there is reason for my problem.
Message 28 of 47 (1,717 Views)

Hero

Hi @Don_Doh

this is a bug.

Try the workaround posted in the solution post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 47 (1,711 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you very much, that were, what i needed to know :-)
Message 30 of 47 (1,687 Views)