Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Chemistry Lab broken

by dontwantid098098

Original Post

Re: GTW Science Chemistry Lab - Unable to craft Serums since latest patch (March

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oops, I didn't see that thread when I posted. I did look, but must have missed it (wasn't in compiled list for GTW).

The link you said to follow doesn't work for me. (Unexpected error)

Message 11 of 47 (1,469 Views)

Re: GTW Science Chemistry Lab - Unable to craft Serums since latest patch (March

★★★ Newbie

I have same problem...

Message 12 of 47 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EmmaVane Yeah, that link didn't work. It's on the first page of this thread I think.

You probably posted at the same time, no worries.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 47 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No CC or mods in my game of any kind. My science sim is one I had previously played and has all aspirations, skills and rewards, she was at level 10 in the science career and had discovered all potions etc when I uploaded her. I downloaded her the night before the patch and she is also unable to create serums. I tried repairing game and also cleaning out cache files and neither fixed the problem. She did recently achieve the grilled cheese aspiration and the club one, and has a thing for the Grim reaper...thanks to grilled cheese.

Message 14 of 47 (1,450 Views)

Hero

Is your Sim in the Science career ? If so, try the suggestion with quitting and re-joining

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 47 (1,444 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue as well. I have absolutely no mods.

I have the following installed:

Sims 4

Sims 4 Get to work

The Sims 4 Bundle Pack: Outdoor Retreat and Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack - PC

I recently got the Sims 4. It was working on 3/21. I installed the update and it wasn't working on 3/22. No other changes were made.

Message 16 of 47 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if this responds to the parent post which is what I'm trying to do. 

I have installed

Get to Work

Outdoor retreat

Everything was working fine until I installed the update on 3/22/2016.  So definitely the patch that did it.  I don't know how to cheat to get back up to the level I was for the Scientist job so I'm leery of trying that.

Message 17 of 47 (1,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The 3/22 patch did the exact same thing to my game.  No CC.  I have everything installed except the romantic garden stuff pack.  Tried "repair game" and also deleting/repurchasing the lab to no avail.  Had my sim quit her job, rejoin it, cheated to get her back where she was previously and now she can synthesize serums again.  You basically enable testing cheats and then enter "careers.promote scientist" until they're where you want them to be in their career.  It did seem to work to fix the issue.

Message 18 of 47 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do you enable testing cheats?

Message 19 of 47 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Loreleismith:

Press shift+controle+alt at the same time, you will see a white box now at the left top of your screen.

In this box you type:

testingcheats on

Make sure you target the sim you want to use this cheat on and type (or copypaste) :

careers.promote scientist

This will boost up her/his level by 1 so repeat until you are at the desired level.

To close the white box: put the cursor on the white box and press escape.

I hope this helpsStandard smile (i'm posalone but for some reason i switched to my daughters account lol, im such a nab Tongue out)

Message 20 of 47 (1,392 Views)