Base Game Chemical Analyzer is no longer in catalogue

by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

Re: Get To Work: Chemical Analyzer missing from build mode

Hero

HI @OrcinusArluq 

it's a known issue.

I merged your post with the bug report.

Please click me too on the first post. You should be able to find it in buydebug for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (1,836 Views)

Re: Get To Work: Chemical Analyzer missing from build mode

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh thank you so much. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Thanks. Standard smile

Message 12 of 24 (1,835 Views)

Base Game Chemical Analyzer is no longer in catalogue

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in the catalogue for Activities and Skills for the Chemical Analyzer
What happens when the bug occurs? The Chemical Analyzer is not in the catalogue
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Base Game Chemical Analyzer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know where this change appeared. Was remodeling the Strangeville Library and could not find the Base Game Chemical Analyzer anywhere. Stared a brand new game with a brand new The Sims 4 folder to test, so no mods. No CC. I have it on other lots and in my research library in OS. It continues to be on those lots, but I cannot use the eyedropper tool to copy it. I've looked through all the Base Game items, but it's seems to be gone. We've had this in our game since the beginning for extracting elements and finding new crystals or metals or for analyzing flora.

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 3.44.34 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 3.44.52 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 3.35.40 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 3.36.02 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 3.36.19 PM.jpg

Edit: I didn't see the other post. Could someone merge this one into that one? Thank you.

Message 13 of 24 (1,799 Views)

Re: Base Game Chemical Analyzer is no longer in catalogue

Hero
Merged :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 24 (1,789 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Chemical Analyzer missing from buy mode

★ Guide

Yup, also having this issue.

The analyzer disappeared after the Strangerville update for me, so before the GP was released (here in Germany) and is currently still hidden with SV installed.

Oh, and it was definitely still in the normal catalog after I installed Jungle Adventures a few months ago because I was able to place it on a few lots afterwards without any issues. Standard smile

Message 15 of 24 (1,667 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@fischdeo : Hmm.

Message 16 of 24 (1,651 Views)

Champion
Yep, I have this issue too after the Strangerville pre-patch (don't have Strangerville installed).

My scientist sim has a chemical analyser on his home lot. It can still be used and interacted with OK, but in build mode, it cannot be cloned, doesn't appear in the buy catalogue and can't have it's colour changed using the design tool any more.
Message 17 of 24 (1,593 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GTW] Chemical Analyzer missing from buy mode

★★★ Newbie

I have Srangerville and GTW. I had to use the cheat to have the item show up, but I can't analyse spores, and nothing is in the lab. Please send help.

Message 18 of 24 (1,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@glorifieddg wrote:

...  but I can't analyse spores, and nothing is in the lab. Please send help.

Hi @glorifieddg

that sounds like a different issue. Are you using any mods in your game ? If so, please try without.

If not, it's probably best to create a new thread in the tech forum so someone can help you troubleshooting your game: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 24 (1,530 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Added to our index here.

Message 20 of 24 (1,333 Views)