Re: Science career tasks not working

by MeltingPenguins

Original Post

Re: SimRay cannot transform grass but it is work task

[ Edited ]
Hero

@moneser I know OP never adjusted their intro post. The thread is nevertheless about the grass, so I merged yours.

Thanks for making a new report thought, just don't want to loose the me too count on this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 36 (1,943 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Can't fulfill task to transform grass at science lab

★★★★★ Novice

My sim isn't in the Science career anymore because she was having so many problems with fulfilling the work tasks, but I had some of the same problems... I tried EVERY spot on that lot for the "transform grass" one and tried to just buy grass to place, but it wouldn't let me. She also couldn't do the " tourist" interactions. It seemed like no one ever registered as a "tourist". I'm still semi-new to the game, so I thought it might just be me, not doing something right. 

Message 22 of 36 (1,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@hmariem81   You're not doing anything wrong. Science Lab has a lot of bugs. I've uploaded a fix for the grass problem this morning to MTS, just waiting for approval. I already have a fix there for the gardening problem. Haven't seen a fix yet for the tourist problem. I've seen it too.

ThePsycho - (gettp on MTS)

Message 23 of 36 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having this issue, so it still persists as of this day.

Message 24 of 36 (1,800 Views)

★★★ Novice

PC, no mods...just got Get to Work and having the same issue. The missing coding etc is still unresolved, glad it's not just me as I was confused as to why it was occurring. At least now I know it's not anything serious with my game and in actual fact just missing game code. Hopefully they fix it but I guess they're more interested in making money and not fixing these things....this expansion has been out for years and you're telling me it's still unresolved? Crazy.

Message 25 of 36 (1,761 Views)

★★★ Novice

Been experimenting with the transform object interface in the science career. Is something I noticed -no- object can be selected or transformed if doing it from outside the lab have you tried it from inside the lab?

Something I’ll probably tinker with when I get home myself.

Message 26 of 36 (1,717 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Arkainmon Mine works from inside the lab. I don't think I ever tried it outside.

The fix for the "Transform Grass" was just a single missing line of code in the tuning file for "grass". They just forgot to add "Transform..." to the grass object. My fix for it is on MTS.

I'll have to try it outside the lab. I never liked using it though, don't care for the possibility of getting something lower-quality or price and possibly destroying it in fire.
Message 27 of 36 (1,711 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Can't fulfill task to transform grass at science lab

★★★ Novice

The "tourists" are actually down the road from the front of the science building. If you follow that road there's a barbecue area where they eventually spawn. I couldn't find them for a little while as well. I also have the grass issue and it's so annoying. 

Message 28 of 36 (1,550 Views)

★ Guide

how mayn mods are out there by now fixing single lines of code?

Message 29 of 36 (1,514 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also having this issue where I can't transform any grass, and I have Get Famous. The only mod I use regularly is UICheats.

Message 30 of 36 (1,452 Views)