Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [CL] No evidence at crime scene in apartments

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

SOLUTION UPDATE: Seconding SpottedWithin, like other posters I was pretty bewildered when there were no clues inside the apartment. However, I took the elevator down (not sure if actually using the elevator was important) and found graffiti surrounding the actual building. I'm okay if this is by design, it would make sense to me to have a bunch of graffiti on a city building reported to the police Standard smile I think currently this is just a bit unintuitive to users, we expect something to be wrong with the apartment because we're walking around in it and are taken right there.

I wonder if first we could be taken to a spot where we're "visiting" an apartment (i.e. you cannot walk in yet, you have to knock) or be taken to the outside of the building first to make it more clear that it's about the building itself and not a single apartment? That would be pretty authentic, too, you could knock on a resident's door in order to ask them if they've seen anything suspicious.

Message 31 of 39 (1,950 Views)

Hero

Thank you 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 39 (1,941 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having the same exact issue, except after scouring the downstairs and whole fashion district, there was only a single clue outside. Is EA doing anything about this?

Thank you Crinrict for all of your assistance. Just wanted to let everyone know it's still a regular issue for some people.

Message 33 of 39 (1,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same here.

There are only two or three clues at the crime scenes (most of them outside) and I haven‘t seen any fingerprints at the scenes. The task to take fingerprints at that station (sorry I don’t  know the English term, I play the game in German language) can be fulfilled but there are no fingerprints in the  sim’s inventory anymore.  Not only appartments  are affected in my case.

I noticed this issue in a completely new save (no CC, no mods – vanilla). I made some tests at the weekend and therefore I removed the old The Sims 4 folder, I repaired the game, created a new game with a new The Sims 4 folder and didn‘t change anything. I created a new sim and started the detective career.

My regular save (no CC, no mods only temporary: mods such as simsinfo) is a release save from 2014. In this savegame appartments and houses have a lot of clues. My detective is level 10 + ? now . Fingerprints are also not in the inventory in this save since City Living or since the pre patch for CL.

It seems to me that the newly-created save (with the newest patchversion and maby older versions) is causing a lot of trouble in my case.

Installed:

- All Expansion Packs

- All Game Packs

- Stuff Packs: Perfect Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.

Message 34 of 39 (1,721 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone is still seeing this issue (with a fully patched game).

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 35 of 39 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wow i never done that. I guess i shouldn't have left the scene and went home...Whoops!

Message 36 of 39 (1,559 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kristina3444

are you still seeing this issue after C&D Patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 39 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope. No more issues.

Message 38 of 39 (1,541 Views)

Hero

marking this as fixed for now.

If anyone still sees this, please open a new thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 39 (11,693 Views)