Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] No evidence at crime scene

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] [CL] No evidence at crime scene in apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a sim that is currently employed in the detective career; when assisting the sim in her work and she goes to a crime scene in order to collect evidence, photos of the evidence, witness reports, and fingerprints, over half the time there isn't any evidence at the crime scenes. There haven't been any opportunities to collect fingerprints in the past week or so. I took a break from playing the sims for a while, so I can't pinpoint exactly how long this has been going on and my estimated amount of time isn't the best either since I started playing again only after purchasing the City Life expansion. My best guess is that this started after the most recent Sims 4 update. I would appreciate it if this could be fixed if it was caused by an update. 

Message 1 of 39 (14,662 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [CL] No evidence at crime scene in apartments

Hero

marking this as fixed for now.

If anyone still sees this, please open a new thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (11,690 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I can't duplicate this issue.

Can you use search for clues ? Does that turn up stuff ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (14,546 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue. I played GTW detective career briefly when it was released and had no problem finding clues at crime scenes. However, after City Living came out, my detective now goes to CL apartments for crime scenes, and there are never any clues. I search every room several times, and never see anything out of the ordinary, or find any clues what-so-ever. My detective sim always has a poor work day, and cannot get promoted. In addition, when I did have an assignment to arrest someone (a teen), there were no teens in the area, even after 4pm. 

Message 3 of 39 (14,502 Views)

Hero

Could you upload your save ?

@lixni6t7 Did you already upload yours ? There is one uploaded that wasn't named so I have no clue what it is

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 39 (14,490 Views)

Hero

Tagging @lixni6t7 and @vashtiuthpisces for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 39 (14,462 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [GTW] No evidence at crime scene

★ Apprentice

same problem here..if i might add anything, the crime scene my sim is sent to is ALWAYS an apartment (obviously i have the city living pack as well as gtw)

i never played with the detective career even though i've had gtw for over a year now so i don't know how long this has been occuring

Message 6 of 39 (14,257 Views)

Hero

Hi @sinnyonce

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 39 (14,234 Views)

Hero

Still looking for a save game for this issue

Does anyone still see this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 39 (14,156 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same issue ATM. I will try to upload and share my saved game with the issue.

Message 9 of 39 (14,062 Views)

★★ Novice

Uploaded 

Message 10 of 39 (14,058 Views)