Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Alien skin tone missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS -> Alien Sim -> Skin Tones.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the alien skin tones is missing.
What do you expect to see? All nine of the alien skin tones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the newest update.

Before the new update there was a total of 9 different skin tones for alien sims. Now there is only 8, which has removed the skin tone I use the most for my alien sims. The skin tone is still there when I click faces but absent from the skin tone tab. 

Sorry about the 3rd picture being in Spanish, I found it online.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (7,821 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Alien skin tone missing

Hero

We were contacted by the Aliens and they have helped us reinstate their missing Skin Tone color in Create a Sim. Now all 8 Alien skin options are visible again.

Fixed in Patch 1.7186/ 1.38

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (7,022 Views)

All Replies

Re: Alien skin tone missing after newest update

★★★★ Guide

Same problem here.

I have the same light blue-ish skintone missing. The only way I can use it is when I click on the face template that has the missing tone on it then change the Sim the way I want. It still won't show up afterwards after selecting the template.

Message 2 of 15 (7,717 Views)

Purple skin tone missing

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest/newest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to create a sim/load a saved purple sim from the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? The purple skin tone option for aliens from Get to Work is missing.
What do you expect to see? The option to have a purple skin tone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Skin tone update patch

Purple skin tone is missing from newest skin tone patch update.

Message 3 of 15 (7,625 Views)

Re: Purple skin tone missing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think those options that you do have in CAS for skin tones are the vampire options, with all the gray. This is what comes up for me on one of my half-alien sims. He has the turquoise alien skin tones that he was born with but if I go into CAS to edit him only the vampire skins show up. In another household I have two aliens and when I take them into CAS they have all of the usual alien skin tone options except the lightest blue one, so it seems to vary by sim and/or household.

Message 4 of 15 (7,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think @Daephene1 is right. The lightest blue isn't intended as an alien skin tone afaik, but someone from EA will have to confirm it.

EDIT: It's not available for any of my aliens, while it is there for all my vampires

Message 5 of 15 (7,530 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think the light blue-gray vampire skin is the same as the alien ice blue skin tone that is missing. It's grayer. 

I did some checking in my game and all of my non-occult sims have access to the same skin tones as the vampire dark forms. My half-alien toddler who was born with one of the alien skin tones is only showing the vampire options in CAS now, the same as all of my fully human sims. So I can't use a slider on his existing skin tone. From the sound of the earlier complaint this may also be happening to full blooded aliens in other people's games. 

My two YA full blooded aliens have access to the 8 skin tones mentioned above, but not the light blue that used to be available. I get the same 8 options when I go to create a new alien in CAS. These two aliens live together, while the toddler lives in a household where everyone else is fully human, I don't know if that has any effect.

My mermaid seems to have almost all of the vampire and alien skin tones available to her.

Message 6 of 15 (7,503 Views)

★★ Guide

Those are different skin tones. I haven't patched yet, so here's an example on a mermaid (vampires don't get alien skin tones.)

Message 7 of 15 (7,449 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm missing all of my alien skin colours after the latest game update, none of the options are still in MISC - I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with mods but I could be wrong?

thumbnail_IMG_4331.jpg

Message 8 of 15 (7,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EmmaB86I think that's a mod issue. I eventually patched, and I still have the red, blue, and green human sim tones.

Edit: I think this might actually be part of a larger issue with the misc/occult skin tones. It looks like spellcasters and mermaids still have the skin tone that isn't appearing for aliens, but the mermaids (in that form) can't use the blue or green base game skintones, and spellcasters don't get the darker alien green.

Message 9 of 15 (7,190 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Alien skin tone missing

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DragonSeer20YES there is blue but its much darker and/or different tone than the original light blue alien skintone

I noticed this straight away because its my favourite and many sims have it in the game but if you edit them there is no way to get the same skintone back

I also don't use any mods or cc so that can't be the cause

Message 10 of 15 (7,062 Views)