Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Alien babys from non-alien parents

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires, Stranger Ville, Firt Pet, Spooky Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling night and kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby
What happens when the bug occurs? Two parents who are not Alien have an Alien baby. The Alien Occult is not shown in Cas, but the baby can do everything an Alien can do and IS clearly an Alien.
What do you expect to see? Parents with no occult should not have an occult baby or a baby with the wrong occult.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I first noticed this a few week ago in a household I wasn't actively playing, just getting in to get people pregnant and getting out. Two human parents had an Alien baby, that time the Occult was shown. This happened again now, also in a household I wasn't actively playing. Actually I think it's the same house even... but I'm not entirely sure.

And it also happened in my main household. The guy is a human, the woman is a mermaid and they have an Alien child. This time the Alien Occult is not shown in CAS but the baby has all Alien attributes and can do everything an Alien can do. This is the first baby after installing IL. The other babys were before IL.

Also when the baby was a Toddler and I changed beteen human and alien apperance the legs got really long and the toddler was really tall.

Only Cheats I use are moveobjects and cas.fulledit. No Mods, no CC.

Will add Screenshots from Parents and kids from my main family and the household I'm not really playing.

Message 1 of 9 (1,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Alien babys from non-alien parents

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi, 

I'm sorry I didn't update. I went into all families that were in my game and set every Sim to "normal" via Cheatcode. I don't remember how it goes exactly, but after I did this to every Sim in my world the problem went away and there were no more Alienbabies. 

Thank you Standard smile 

Edit: Looked it up: traits.remove_trait trait_OccultAlien

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,393 Views)

All Replies

Re: Alien babys from non-alien parents

Hero
@A937113 Is one of the parents part alien ? as in was one of their parents an alien ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No, the last Alien in the Family was about 10-15 generations ago. 

I don’t really like playing Aliens...

Oh, and I just realized that the symbol to open the needs is like that from a merman. So I will tell you what happens as soon as he becomes a young adult... the plumbob is the Alien one though...

This is the the same kid as in the post above (Jonathan) whos parents are a mermaid and a human. I aged him up to check something but didn't save that. That's why he's older in the former post.

Message 3 of 9 (1,661 Views)

Hero
Hm, sounds like the hybrid bug at it's best.

I might merge with that. Thanks for the info so far.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,647 Views)

★ Guide

Hello,

just tried with two humans and then a completely new family, two humans - ALL babys are now born Aliens. It's really annoying as I don't enjoy playing them. WIll now download all families and try creating a new world... this is a really annoying bug.

Message 5 of 9 (1,603 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Alien babys from non-alien parents

Hero
Added separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,568 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Alien babys from non-alien parents

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could you possibly share a save file? Thanks for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9 (1,557 Views)

Hero
@A937113 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi, 

I'm sorry I didn't update. I went into all families that were in my game and set every Sim to "normal" via Cheatcode. I don't remember how it goes exactly, but after I did this to every Sim in my world the problem went away and there were no more Alienbabies. 

Thank you Standard smile 

Edit: Looked it up: traits.remove_trait trait_OccultAlien

Message 9 of 9 (1,394 Views)