Re: [TO ADD] [GT] No more bar at Windenberg Outdoor Events

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: Baristas broken on Dance Party event.

Hero

@leozabotto

I merged your post. That's already on the compiled list.

Please make sure to check the list before opening a new thread.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (1,843 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hey @crinrict, sorry, I haven't seen that I had a thread about this problem. I'll get more attention next time. Standard smile

Message 11 of 32 (1,293 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had the same thing happen with the DJ at the Bluffs. DJ showed up but no DJ station.

If it happens again, I'll try the workaround and see if it helps.

Message 12 of 32 (1,276 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Confirmed that this workaround works for the mixologist (at least for me) but does NOT work for the DJ station if it is missing.

Party at the Bluffs. Sims appeared ready to party, including the DJ, and the bartender - but there was no bar and no DJ station. Exited to the main menu and re-entered the game. A bar appeared along with a second bartender, but no DJ station. Did it again. Still nothing.

I *have* edited this location. I added two location buffs when CL came out, the "Scenic" and the "Love" one. I wonder if that's what has caused the problem in my case? Thinking

Message 13 of 32 (1,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Haven't had the missing DJ equipment glitch happen yet, but, I did have the bar disappear after doing the work around, at least at the ruins.  Because the bar is one of the portable ones, it appears to be linked to the mixologist and when they decide it's time to leave during an event, it seems the bar goes with them.  Another visit to the main menu fixes this again.  I think if the DJ equipment disappears I might be tempted to just edit the small vacant lot at the ruins and put in all the stuff needed to have an event there.  I've been toying with this idea for the haunted mansion and the bluffs as well.

Edit:  Forget placing any stuff on the lots beside where the events happen, bars and DJ equipment never gets used, unless you use it or you hire somebody.  This is why we need a world editing tool, although it would probably break so many things it wouldn't be worth it.

Message 14 of 32 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
World edit tool - agree
Message 15 of 32 (1,189 Views)

Champion

So I've tried the workaround and it works, getting the bar to appear (at least at the Bluffs and Von Haunt Estate, haven't had a party at the Ancient Ruins yet).

But is this bug actually going to get fixed because it's really not ideal to interrupt gameplay to save and reload at every dance party event in Windenburg?

Message 16 of 32 (1,157 Views)

Hero

It's still an open bug so hopefully it will but there's never any info on what and when something will get fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 32 (1,134 Views)

DJ booth missing at Chalet dance party event

Champion

My sim got invited to a dance party at the Von Haunt Chalet in Windenburg and when I arrived, both the DJ booth and the bar were missing.

The bar not appearing at any dance party venue is a bug I've had for a while, but the workaround in the missing bar bug thread where you save and reload the lot makes it appear.

However, saving and reloading the lot doesn't seem to work for the DJ booth – I've reloaded the load a few times now and the DJ booth is still missing. At the chalet, it's usually the high tech DJ booth that doesn't look portable, so I don't think any sims walked off with it during a previous event.

This is the first time I've had it missing, I haven't had this issue during previous visits. This is my first time attending one of these events since the May 25 and June 1 patches.

Also, I've noticed that the DJ Headliner NPC no longer wears the DJ helmet. He seems to also be wearing generic party clothes – all the DJs I've seen since the May 25 patch seem to be wearing regular party style clothes instead of the shorts, T-shirts and sunglasses combos they had before.

No CC/mods.

Message 18 of 32 (1,104 Views)

Re: DJ booth missing at Chalet dance party event

Hero

HI @simvasion

merged your post with exiting bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 32 (1,229 Views)