Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GT] No more bar at Windenberg Outdoor Events

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All released content to date installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Don't know when items disappeared or what caused it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bar has disappeared from both the Ancient Ruins and Von Haunt Estate. Bar and DJ booth are gone from The Bluffs lot.
What do you expect to see? Because these lots can't be edited and a game repair doesn't fix the issue, I expect the special event party items to always be on the lots designated by the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think this is a rare occurrence.  It is only the second save I have had this happen in, with the last occurrence being about 2 years ago.

Reporting because this breaks the save, unless one wants to continue without attending those events.  The items that go missing can't be replaced because those lots can't be edited.  Deleting cache and doing a game repair also doesn't work.  If there is a way to fix this, please do let me know.

This is an old save and I didn't start a new one to see if the items are present but I would expect them to be since starting a new save worked the last time I had this occur.

ETA: Thank you @crinrict for finding old thread!  I had overlooked it and didn't recall timing of save, exit and reload.  Workaround successful as of 12/6/17.   

Message 26 of 32 (2,549 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] [GT] No more bar at Windenberg Outdoor Events

★★ Guide

December 12/2017 patch finally fixed this bug. Have gone to an event in the ruins and one on the bluffs and both events had a bar present from the start.

View in thread

Message 28 of 32 (3,421 Views)

All Replies

[WORKAROUND] [GT] No more bar at Windenberg Outdoor Events

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

A few people, including myself have noticed that since the CL patch, bars and mixologists have no longer been showing up at outdoor events in Windenberg.  Somebody suggested editing the lots to place the bars however, this will not work as the places the events usually happen are not part of the editable lots.  the areas affected are "The Bluffs", "The Von Haunt Estate", and "The Ancient Ruins".  On the plus side, anyone wishing to pursue the mixologist aspiration will now be able to bring their own portable bar and work an event but I don't think this was the intended reason for events?  I thought the idea of events was to party, not work.

Message 1 of 32 (3,745 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have seen the mixologist show up at the party, though without a bar they just stand where ever they first spawned.

Message 2 of 32 (3,670 Views)

★★ Guide

Looks like it's been fixed (Nov 15/16 patch)!

Message 3 of 32 (3,637 Views)

★★ Guide

Unfortunately, it has not been fixed.  I have however accidentally found a work around and am currently testing to find out if I can get it to work in all cases.  I need to run one more test to see if I can duplicate the results or if I can perhaps simplify the solution, so please be patient for a bit longer.

Message 4 of 32 (3,602 Views)

★★ Guide

Ok, so in order to get a bar to appear at those three outdoor places in Windenberg, what I had to do was allow the played sim to go to the event area and then save the game and exit.  On loading the game, the bar was present and soon after a mixologist showed up to run the bar.  I have tried this three times now, and it worked every time.  I also tried to place a bar on the part that was editible, wear it as a hat and that will place a bar too near the DJ table, but it's half the size and there is no way to resize it, at least not in a way that I could figure out.  It's much easier just to save, exit and restart.

Message 5 of 32 (3,660 Views)

★ Pro

@Ethyrdude , your workaround of saving during the event, exiting the game and reloading the save did work to get the bar to show up, leastwise at a Chalet Dance Party invite my sim accepted.  That's the only invite I've gotten and tried this with so far.

I did completely exit the game not just go to the main menu since I wasn't positive from your post which you had done.  Thank you for the workaround for use, until such time the bug gets fixed.

Message 6 of 32 (3,569 Views)

★★ Guide

I wasn't sure if an exit to Main menu would work so I just exited all the way.  I am currently playing a new game and as soon as I get an invite, I will try the main menu exit method to see if it works.

Message 7 of 32 (3,555 Views)

★★ Guide

More testing was done and you can get the bar to show up by exiting to the main menu.  So after you get to the event  venue, just save, exit to the main menu, and then go back into your game.  Viola!  There is the bar!  I only did one test going to the bluffs but unless further testing shows it not always working, I would say that this work around works!

Message 8 of 32 (3,654 Views)

Baristas broken on Dance Party event.

★★★ Guide

Issue

Baristas broken on Dance Party event.

Bar does not appear in the event "Dance party" and the barista is stopped in front of the lot.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

1st - My Sim received a message from his friend to go to a party at the mansion.

2nd -  I accepted and went to the lot.

3rd - There the bar is not showing up where it should be and the barista was standing in front of the lot.

Where does the bug occur ?

On Dance Party events in ancient ruins, mansion and bluffs.

Mods/CC

No CC/Mods.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I have all the content released so far.

Occurring since

I dont' remember, but it's been a few months since that happens.

Operating system

Windows 10 64-Bits.

Message 9 of 32 (3,473 Views)