[FIXED] [GT] King of Diamonds Door/ Stone Frame/ Holey Geometry glitching

by simmyfroggy

Original Post

King Of Diamonds Classical Door Glitching

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living, Island Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down the King Of Diamonds Classical door from Get Together
What happens when the bug occurs? The door becomes invisible apart from the outer stone.
What do you expect to see? The door
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happened after the recent September 3rd patch.

Message 11 of 113 (3,951 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] King of Diamonds Classical Door glitching

★★★★ Novice

The Holey Geometry Window and the stone archway (i think that was what it was called) are also affected by the bug. I didn't see anything else that has that issue, but I didn't check everything.

Message 12 of 113 (4,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@IllusoryThrall Moved your post over to the windows issue.

You do mean the Stone Frame Window, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 113 (3,828 Views)

Get Together door and windows not working

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? updated 5/09/2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, university, eco lifestyle, parenthood, city living, kids room, toddler stuff, moschino, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place the smallest stained/diamond glass door and windows from get together
What happens when the bug occurs? door/window not see through in the case of the door, the wall paper also covers it
What do you expect to see? a door / through the window and light
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. new stacking window patch

This is my first report so sorry if I've done something wrong

Message 14 of 113 (3,758 Views)

Re: Get Together door and windows not working

Hero
@louisetran512 Merged your post.

The door has it's own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 113 (3,753 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@enformerI tested some arches and they work fine for me. It's only that one door where I can duplicate the error.

Do you use cc/mods ?

Its my cc arches. The game ones are fine. Its funny tho that some of my cc windows an doors do work. An some ea ones don't. Even doors with no windows or glass on them don't work. An my archways dont have windows on them.

Message 16 of 113 (3,496 Views)

Hero
@enformer For cc please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CC-Doors-and-Windows-not-functional-after-september-3t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 113 (3,493 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] King of Diamonds Classical Door glitching

★★ Novice

All my doors and windows except base game are broken.  

Message 18 of 113 (3,440 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] King of Diamonds Classical Door glitching

Hero
@ThePrettySkulls Can you try repairing the game ?

CC is broken but for that use the thread above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 113 (2,747 Views)

Some window and door textures are clipped by walls after 9/3/20 update.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPS The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle GPS The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic SPS The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode and place King of Diamonds Classical and Holey Geometry Window from Get Together.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some window and door textures are clipped by walls. King of Diamonds Classical and Holey Geometry Window (both from Get Together expansion back) have major clipping issues after latest update. See screenshots. Door and Window texture is clipped into wall, sims are still able to walk through door.
What do you expect to see? Door and window textures not clipped through wall
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue appeared after the September 3rd 2020 Patch

This issue appeared after the September 3rd 2020 Patch.  These items were NOT placed with bb.moveobjects enabled.  The clipping occurs on every instance of this window and door in my game.

Message 20 of 113 (2,745 Views)