Re: [OPEN] [GT] King of Diamonds Classical Door glitching

by meubanks68

Original Post

Re: Official Get Together Door and Window Broken after September 3rd 2020 update

Hero
@craigbic Merged your thread. Thread for windows is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/m-p/9...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 113 (1,929 Views)

★★ Novice

mine too! do we know when this will be resolved?! Frown 

Message 32 of 113 (1,916 Views)

★ Apprentice

By EA? Probly when pigs fly.

S4studio will hopefully have a batch fix soon. I hope. 

Message 33 of 113 (1,915 Views)

★ Guide
@simmyfroggy It's an issue on PC as well.
Message 34 of 113 (1,904 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This glitch seems to have cropped up with the Sept update, although if it has been around longer, I might not have noticed it. I can confirm the bug is on PC. The wall texture clips through the door under all circumstances. As far as I can tell, this particular door seems to be the only one affected, although I only tested a random sample.

The new update was supposed to add window stacking, although I haven't been able to make the new feature work yet. I wonder if the door glitch is somehow related to the new feature.  

Message 35 of 113 (1,887 Views)

Windows get together broke/ game keeps deleting things

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The only pack i dont have is the luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Search for the windows from get together. As far as i know there are 2 windows who broke. The same goes with 1 door from get together. Everytime i restart my game to come back and build again the game deleted stuff. Like stairs
What happens when the bug occurs? Windows that broke and the game that deleted stuff when you come back in to game
What do you expect to see? I like to see that the windows and doors are fixed and the game doesnt deleted anything
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the last patch came, the patch before the new game pack comes out.

Message 36 of 113 (1,762 Views)

door there but not really

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I have the main game and all of the stuff, game packs, and expansions
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 1.66.139.1020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just when to the house (Rustic residence) next to the bar (the shrieking Llama) in Winenburg and you can either go in with a sim or just go into the build and buy.
What happens when the bug occurs? The front door won't show. the only thing that shows is the stone that is around the door.
What do you expect to see? you will see it if you just look at it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest patch update that cam down on the 3rd. for the up coming game (Journey to Batuu)

simsdoor.jpgyou can walk through it and it works just looks like this

Message 37 of 113 (1,879 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. All other doors are fine but this one is broken. I hope they hotfix it ASAP.

Message 38 of 113 (1,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@meubanks68 Yes its from the update. But sims 4 studio is close to a fix. Standard smile

@rlurvey theres a glitch with some ea doors as well. All has to do with ea changing the coding on the windows to make them stackable.

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit.)

Message 39 of 113 (1,862 Views)

Hero
I merged the doors and windows threads as many people are reporting both at the same time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 113 (1,830 Views)