Official Get Together Door and Window Broken after September 3rd 2020 update

by craigbic

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GT] King of Diamonds Classical Door glitching

★★★★★ Pro

I'm seeing the same problem with the same door.

Message 21 of 113 (2,096 Views)

Re: Some window and door textures are clipped by walls after 9/3/20 update.

Hero
@SappySifaka Merged your pos twith the door thread.

For the windows me too this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/m-p/9...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 113 (2,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue with this door. No CC in my game. All packs installed. Version 1.66.139.1020

I've also now discovered there's a similar problem with the Holey Geometry Window. The exterior of the window looks normal but the interior of the window is not working. 

Also the Stone Frame Window isn't working. 

Message 23 of 113 (2,072 Views)

[GT] Get Together Windows Don't Display Glass

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for Nifty Knitting and Eco Lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Window Section in build mode and filter Get Together. Two of the Get Together windows don't display the glass properly when placed on a wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? The glass goes missing when placed on a wall. You only see the wall instead.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the glass on both sides of the wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game to the latest September 2020 patch. Before updating, I removed all of my mods and custom content from the Mods folder.

I've seen others post about this window issue on Twitter.

Message 24 of 113 (2,609 Views)

Re: [GT] Get Together Windows Don't Display Glass

★★★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/td-p/9468990...There's another post on this already, as well as one for the matching Get Together door that's broken in the same way.

Message 25 of 113 (2,601 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I was trying to find an open thread about this issue but I couldn't find one. I'll check it out.

Message 26 of 113 (1,942 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

me too on ps4

Message 27 of 113 (1,928 Views)

Official Get Together Door and Window Broken after September 3rd 2020 update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the official Get Together Expansion King of Diamonds Classical Door or Stone Frame Window into wall in build mode with the walls set to Walls Up - End view mode. Broken behavior will occur thereafter in build or play mode as long as the wall view remains set to Walls Up - End.

What happens when the bug occurs? The King of Diamonds Classical Door or Stone Frame Window will become partially hidden within the wall (the wall texture obscures all of the door and window except the outer frame and the door is no longer functional as an animated door  - sims will pass right through with no door opening animation but ONLY when the wall view is set to Walls Up - End view. The door opening animation will work and the window is completely visible if the wall view is set to other view modes such as Walls Down View - Home or Walls cutaway View - Home, End view. This broken behavior will happen in both play mode and build mode.

What do you expect to see? Functional and completely visible (no wall texture obscuring main portion of door or window) official Get Together expansion pack King of Diamonds Door and Stone Frame Window in all wall view settings and in both play and build modes.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Please describe the patch or change you made. The September 3rd 2020 patch 

As many other players have already noted, many CC and mod doors have broken with the latest September 3rd 2020 patch. I have several of my many CC doors and windows exhibiting the same broken behavior but I did notice that the King of Diamonds Classical Door and Stone Frame Window from the official Get Together Expansion pack both exhibit the same broken behavior others are reporting for CC doors and windows when the wall view is set to Walls Up - End in both play and build modes.

Message 28 of 113 (1,990 Views)

Re: Official Get Together Door and Window Broken after September 3rd 2020 update

Champion (Retired)

Please see this Bug Report and click Me Too on the first posting. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/m-p/9467717#...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 29 of 113 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

hello! i'm a "me, too" & i'm on a pc so it isn't a mac issue. i also noticed a similar issue with the Holey Geometry window. i tried deleting & repurchasing both; also tried deleting the wall & rebuilding, but no improvement. the door still works, just doesn't display properly.

edit: after posting this, i see that there's a separate posting for the window(s). i'll click "me, too" over there as well.

Message 30 of 113 (1,969 Views)