Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GT] King of Diamonds Door/ Stone Frame/ Holey Geometry glitching

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place King of Diamonds Classical Door.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stone frame shows up correctly but the rest of it doesn't.
What do you expect to see? The door showing up correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening after update 9/3/2020

I don't believe this is a Mac issue. 

09-03-20_9_04_44 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: added Tag, Merged threads + 55 me toos from other thread

Message 1 of 113 (26,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Still a Windows problem

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The issue has been fixed by the November 10th patch (Version 1.68.154.1020 on PC):

From the patch notes:

• Stone Frame Window (window1x1_EP02TUDstoneFrame2Tile_set1), Holey Geometry (window1x1_EP02TUDLow_03_2Tile_set1), and King of Diamonds Classical Door (doorSingle2x1_EP02TUDHigh3Tile_set1) now place properly.

I checked in game, and it's true, they  look normal again Standard smile

View in thread

Message 112 of 113 (9,681 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] King of Diamonds Classical Door glitching

★★ Apprentice

I had this too. I check every other door in the game and it was only this one.

Message 2 of 113 (26,541 Views)

★ Apprentice

All my door ways are doing this. They were fine before the update Frown 

Message 3 of 113 (26,494 Views)

★ Guide

i am on pc, never use mods or cc,did update i now have this glitch as well. checked all doors funny how this 1 door would get glitched.

If EA follows there pattern of only making patches for build mode and swatches,the good news will be next patch it should be fixed

Message 4 of 113 (26,476 Views)

Hero
@enformer I tested some arches and they work fine for me. It's only that one door where I can duplicate the error.

Do you use cc/mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 113 (26,445 Views)

[OPEN] [GT] Stone Frame/Holey Geometry Windows broken

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the "Holey Geometry" or the "Stone Frame Window" from the Get Together EP on a wall. The "King of Diamonds Classical Door" has this issue as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? The glass isn't visible, but the wall is visible instead. And when zoomed in closely (from the "inner side") there will be a hole in the wall as if a perfectly rectangular window should have been there. Both these windows are rounded at the top. Occasionally (on a specific zoom distance) the metal lattice is still visible. See pictures for a better illustration.
What do you expect to see? The window/door to be displayed as it should be, with glass and in the proper shape.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from 3 September 2020, that added completely free window placement.

At first, I thought it was just the "window going opaque" bug, where re-placing the window fixes it. I've seen the bug report for that, but this is a slightly different issue, as interacting with these windows in build mode doesn't make them go normal again. Also, this only happened after the 3 September patch (where the completely free window placement was added) and I'm guessing that has to do with this.I worked on this build yesterday and these windows were fine, today they're not.

So far, I've only seen it on these two windows. I tested all the Tudor windows from Get Together, and a few of the stained glass ones from Realm of Magic. What I do find odd, is that the "Yonder Window" (the double version of the "Holey Geometry") doesn't have this issue, as it is a very similar kind of window. From what I can tell, all colour swatches are affected.

Placing them somewhere else, selling them and buying a new one, going through loading screens, nothing helps. The visual glitch is there no matter what. I've not used the move objects cheat, I've even tested it in a completely different save, on a blank lot (which is where the pictures are from).

It appears to be a (simple) visual glitch (my sim could use the affected door just fine - as seen in the last picture) but it means most of Windenburg now looks super weird.

I removed all my mods and localthumbcache before patching, and only booted a vanilla game since. Did a repair game just now, but that didn't fix it either.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 6 of 113 (26,827 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Stone Frame/Holey Geometry Windows broken

Hero
@MDianaSims Door has it's own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 113 (26,810 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks, I only searched for windows, that's why I missed that thread.
Message 8 of 113 (26,791 Views)

Hero
@MDianaSims No prob. I think it's fine to have two threads at this point, just wanted to point out there's one in case you want to me too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 113 (26,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. The door functions okay, but doesn't look okay.

Two windows from GT are also affected in the same way, made a bug report for that https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-4-GT-windows-broken/m-p/9468990#M154392

I do hope they fix this soon, it seems to be only visual, so hopefully not too complex. I just finished rebuilding all of Windenburg and half the houses use this door, which means I can't share them now as they also look glitched in the gallery preview picture Frown

Message 10 of 113 (26,390 Views)