[FIXED] [GRO] Milestones resetting/disappearing

by durango1906

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DracuAlice2017I agree! Let's hope they find a fix, and it doesn't end up like other bugs that have been going on for years now...

Message 51 of 222 (2,159 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

adding a me too for this issue Frown

Message 52 of 222 (2,083 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also added a "me too".

It's really bumping me out. I play rotationally with a lot of households and I really like infants and the EP so far, but it really disrupts my playing style if I have to go through the infant stage in one go Frown 

Message 53 of 222 (2,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Back with another update: My Sim Cannot even do tummy time with my Infant to relearn the milestones, he just T poses and it cancels out-

Message 54 of 222 (2,024 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm also losing milestones for ALL household members when I play rotationally. I have all packs, and most kits. I did not visit any festivals, but did follow the teen of the first household to high school once before switching to another household. Of the first household, the infant is a science baby, the YA & child are spellcasters created in CAS, the teen was a randomly generated npc that was added to the household.

When returning to a household that has lost milestones, they are incapable of regaining the previously obtained milestones. The infant in particular will lay on the ground just spamming the "gain milestone" action endlessly, with no effect.
Message 55 of 222 (2,015 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions; all game packs; tiny living, laundry, cool kitchen, spooky stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave household and sims will have lost milestones they previously had. This includes leaving the game completely and turning PC off.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims lose milestones they had previously.
What do you expect to see? Sims still have their milestones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? MCCC, Simvasion & TwistedMexi - HOWEVER, I have since replicated the issue several times without any CC/Mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Issue appeared immediately with latest patch AND installation of Growing Together expansion. 

Message 56 of 222 (1,961 Views)

Re: [GRO] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This happened to me too, I recently played a household and the adults both had self discoveries and the infant knew how to laugh and coo. I switched over to a new household and than back to the previous one and all there milestones are gone except for the ones they got automatically when first entering after the patch like have a baby and get married. Also like to add that exciting and entering the game to the same household doesn't have this glitch only if i switch to a new household.

I did a bit more testing and it seems to only occur if your playing another household for longer than a day. I you only switch for a few sim hours or min it doesn't seem to occur.

Message 57 of 222 (1,939 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm wondering if this is what happened to my infant sim. I played up to the point where she was learning how to crawl, then switched to another household. She aged up to a toddler while I was playing with the other household, now when I play with her as a toddler all her milestones are gone and I can't even click and view that lifestage in the milestones menu. It's completely disabled like I didn't play with her as an infant at all! I'm so sad Frown

Message 58 of 222 (1,884 Views)

Adult Sim losing Milestones after household transfer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Growing Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Transfer any Sim between households. Mine were both Young Adults, but it might affect other ages.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim is transferred to the new household and, when played, is displayed as having no milestones. On the first Sim this happened to, he regained only three of his several milestones, only the social ones, though I do not remember how.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the transferred Sim to keep all milestones, even "duplicate" ones, such as new relationships, first woohoos, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now, I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit: I have tried recreating the bug with no CC in use, and it happened every time the test sim was asked to move in through the friendly interactions' "Ask to Join Household" interaction. 

Hey so I discovered that when I moved my one Sim into a new household, he lost all of his milestones somehow? I'm building a story with my Sims right now and when I moved this guy out of his husband's house and into his boyfriend's, he lost all of his milestones and only regained three social ones shortly after, though I do not remember how. The recovered ones were one marriage milestone, one "fell in love" milestone, and one romantic milestone, even though he has fallen in love twice and has had two boyfriends. This is very odd, and I have no CC that should interfere with milestones. The only interaction CC I have installed is the Better Elders mod, and none of the Sims involved are elders. 

Message 59 of 222 (1,795 Views)

Re: [GRO] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Been having similar problems but maybe it is slightly different.  I do play rotationally.  I got two infants (not twins) up to crawling and eating finger foods. One can even lift herself to stand with a couch.  When I left the house and then visited the home from another household, both infants were by themselves on the sidewalk in front of the house, with apparently no skills at all. They just lay there like infants with no milestones, in the snow in freezing temps, crying.  They couldn't seem to sit up or request any help. Had to knock on the door so I could bring them inside as no one from the house was apparently planning to do that.   When I returned to playing the household, the infants had all their milestones.

So similar, but different.  That said, I have also experienced finding the infants on the other side of the world but need to pay closer attention to the circumstances to report it.  I've played with them vanilla both before and after getting the Growing Together EP, and again after adding back some limited mods that have been cleared or updated.

Message 60 of 222 (1,859 Views)