[FIXED] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by Heather_Dianne6

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Maybe I didn't have the exact same problem? I mean, it didn't work for a while, but repairing my game completely resolved my problem.

Message 31 of 195 (2,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how do you get the emergency patch please help me!!!!
Message 32 of 195 (2,459 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@wave0526 There's nothing special to do. Just launch the Origin application and there should be a banner over the game's icon that says "new update" if you haven't installed it already. It was patched in December 20th, so if you installed an update after then, then you already have it. Also, there is no guarantee that the emergency patch has fixed this issue, as many people still have it.

Message 33 of 195 (2,444 Views)

Champion
When you start Origin, if you have auto-install updates on, then it will just patch up The Sims 4 to the latest version. Or you can just right-click on the game and check for updates.

You probably already have it.
Message 34 of 195 (2,444 Views)

★★ Novice

@walleto wrote:

Maybe I didn't have the exact same problem? I mean, it didn't work for a while, but repairing my game completely resolved my problem.

How do you repair your game through Origin?

Message 35 of 195 (2,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

according to origin, I have done the latest orgin update and the one for the Sims, yet I too and suffering from the same problem.

Is there a new fix coming?

Message 36 of 195 (2,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@ygoody88 wrote:

How do you repair your game through Origin?

Go into the Origin Client and click in The Sims 4 from your library. Click on the little “cogwheel” settings icon to bring up a new menu and click repair. The game has to be closed out for the Repair option to be available. 

I repaired my game and it seemed to make the issue better, but not fixed (takes less tries for the Makeup Artist to get it right.)

Message 37 of 195 (2,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I want to echo what others have said previously: save scumming has been an effective workaround for me.

My sim gets on set and I jog them right outside the door of the makeup station. Menu, save game. Then I try getting into makeup. If it works, I can move on. If it doesn't, exit to main menu (without saving!), reload, and try again until it works.

It seems that if it fails at first, it will continue to fail until you run out of time to complete the gig. Wish I could fire the stylist, he's sabotaging these shoots.

Message 38 of 195 (2,297 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem my sim stands up if the artist is failing (like applying weird make up or weird hair) but if the artist get the makeup and hair right the animations is playing like it should be though and yeah it also happened after the latest patch

Message 39 of 195 (2,287 Views)

★★ Novice

4 tries, 100% failed. Each after relaunching the game completely. I tried to repair the game in Origin, didn't help. Up to now, only once it worked. It's glitched, and EA has to fix their bug ASAP, atm their product does not work.

Message 40 of 195 (2,158 Views)