Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Luxury Party Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When an actor goes to their gig, there is a task that says to get into hair and makeup. Click on the chair.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim sits down, the artist gets to work. However, the action never completes. The sim gets up before they're done, which leads to them not being able to finish the gig.
What do you expect to see? The artist should finish their hair and makeup, the sim should be pleased, and the task in the upper left hand corner should complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after the December path on December 18th, 2018

My sim shows up to her gig and one of the interactions is to get into hair and makeup. She sits down in the chair and the makeup artist does her makeup and then her hair. She doesn't like the hair, and she shakes her head. Normally when this happens, the artist would redo the hair. But this doesn't happen. The sim gets out of the chair and the interaction is not completed. I tell her to start the interaction over with by clicking on the chair again but they never finish the action. This is her third or fourth gig and this has never happened before. I do have CC installed and MCCC but everything except for MCCC was installed prior to me getting Get Famous. I removed MCCC entirely to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. I plan on removing all of my CC to see if it will work but I honestly doubt that this was the issue, as I haven't added any new CC since I got the pack and this issue only came up after the 3rd or 4th gig. I wanted to post this in case anyone else is having the same issue. I am also attaching the save file in case anyone wants to see if they can duplicate the problem. The sim, Juliana, has her gig in less than an hour from where the save should pick up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvfcwduvzrsaq7y/Slot_00000008.save?dl=0

Also, the emergency patch that was released on Thursday seemed to help me - however, several other simmers have said they have started experiencing this bug AFTER the emergency patch but not before.

UPDATE (12-28-18): I am also still experiencing this glitch. I had been able to get my sim through the gig that I originally posted about, but the problem came back in her next gig. Repairing the game did not help and I had removed all CC and mods and it was still there. I was also unable to add a new makeup chair or remove the old one, as the build/buy catalogue is locked since she is "working." I believe right now, we need to wait for the devs to release a new patch. I Tweeted out to a few gurus but they may not see it/respond until after the holidays.

Message 1 of 195 (67,301 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

Hero

• The Acting career task to “Get Into Hair and Makeup” can be successfully completed once again.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 186 of 195 (23,351 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Going to link old thread here as well in case not all people are coming back to report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Get-Famous-quot-Hair-and-Makeup-quot-interaction-glitc...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 195 (67,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you queue up two tasks at once while the game is paused (get in the hair/makeup chair and then queue getting into costume, for example), I've been getting the game to check off the hair/makeup task. I'm not sure if it works with other tasks besides the costume one, but I know if my sim is prepared to get into the chair and then also change into costume at once, the hair task has been accomplished. So far at least!

Message 3 of 195 (67,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same problem for me. New game on a fresh install. (Just finished reinstalling Win10 on a new SSD.) My sim gets black around their eyes like bad eyeshadow, the stylist shakes his head no, and my sim gets out of the chair. 

I tried queuing another action behind it but hair/makeup still failed. I also tried placing a new makeup station using freebuild described above, but my sim couldn't interact with the new chair at all—nothing came up when I clicked on it—and the stylist sim walked away.

Message 4 of 195 (66,878 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

★★★★ Novice
I'm expieriencing the same issue. Sometimes when I get to the studio to get dressed or when the artists starts getting to work, the entire animation just stops and I'm stuck in the animation. I can only fix this issue by opening and closing the gallery. Sometimes the bug is so tough to fix that I'm stuck for like 30-60 ingame minutes.
Message 5 of 195 (66,845 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've seen the problem as well. I did some testing this afternoon. It's on my guy's 4th acting gig, "The Urbz", if that helps at all.

Currently on 1.48.94, I didn't get around to playing this save whilst .90 was around.

Message 6 of 195 (66,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this problem as well, and so spent a good hour messing around trying to get it to work. So I tried putting in a new hair and makeup chair (whatever it's called) but that didn't work. So instead of replacing the chair, I just added a new one right next to it and went through the 'get into hair and makeup' animations on the new chair. It worked flawlessly.

So this is what I do now. If getting into hair and makeup doesn't work the first time, I add the second chair (making sure not to replace the old one, but just dropping it right next to it) and try with that one. Usually, that works. If 'get into costume' doesn't work the first time, I try again but with the other podium next to the one I tried first. Usually, that works as well. 

From what I've found, the further your sim progresses through the acting career, the fewer mistakes the makeup artist and stylist seem to make. I might be wrong though.

Hope this helps someone! Don't forget that you need to enable testing cheats and then enable free building in order to add the extra makeup chair thingy - "testingcheats true" and then "bb.enablefreebuild" without the "s

Message 7 of 195 (66,743 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue, right after the emergency patch. Please fix ASAP!! It’s affecting my sims’ careers. 

Message 8 of 195 (66,679 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. For the costumes and the hair/makeup interaction, they keep failing and it keeps me from doing the rest of my tasks.

Message 9 of 195 (66,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also having this issue. Makeup and hair cannot complete that ruining my experience and cannot get rid of it even after multiple factory reset or even reinstall the game. Now the new update cause me bigger problem, I cannot search for gig, the button doesn.t work at all. I try to use the phone 'search for gig" The gig tab is empty, I factory reset 1 more time. It still have this same problem. Now my game is ruined. It was fine when the "Get famous" first launch

Message 10 of 195 (66,620 Views)