Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by SmittenVixxen669

Original Post

Bug - hair and makeup interaction get famous.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? This bug primarily occurs with the Get Famous expansion Pack I also have city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, vintage glamour, and backyard stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? (Get Famous) After auditioning and passing, wait to go to the set and when you get there you will have a quest named something like "Get hair and make up for your gig" do this quest and the bug occurs
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't go away and it will act like you didn't get your hair and makeup done, even then, it still allows you to go to your director and say you're ready to begin, at which point the broken quest will be overridden and seem to fix itself (slightly, i say slightly because you wont get quest points for completing it, making it impossible to get gold status)
What do you expect to see? I expect the quest to fufill itself when i go to get my hair and makeup done.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug isnt new, it's been reported before, but it was never fixed seemingly.

Edit: it's been reported about 7 times, how this is still here is beyond me.

Message 171 of 195 (1,725 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, same here. Still having issues. 

Message 172 of 195 (1,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dudes! I fixed it! So each time it didn't work for me, my sim was disgusted by the look. What you have to do is keep getting styled until your sim likes it, then you will get your hair done. Then the task is shown as completed. I've been doing just this and it's been working for me. Hope this helps. 

-LilaTheFox

Message 173 of 195 (1,492 Views)

Get Famous "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Fitness Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Romantic Garden's Stuff, Get To Work, Get Famous, Bowling, and Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have a female Sim who is in an acting career, 1 star, do the gig Apocalypse. Go try and do hair and make-up. Both your Sim and the co-worker make-up artist will trigger no event, standing and staring at each other. Eventually stopping and starting the game in real time with pause and play- can fix itself slightly temporarily, then get worse when you go to do something else. Such as 'Get into costume'. Where it queues the tasks to do something, but never does them, so the Sim stands there and wastes time for the gig forever. This made me leave my game out of disappointment. Frown
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do nothing, and cannot continue to do anything, at all. For 'Get Famous' Apocalypse gig, Hair & Makeup then Costume Designer.
What do you expect to see? For the Sim to do the task it said to do, instead of not responding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Me again,

came across this again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

- C

Message 174 of 195 (1,428 Views)

Re: Get Famous "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

Hero

HI @C_Cheeseburger 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 175 of 195 (1,412 Views)

Re: Get Famous "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

★★★★★ Novice

There is no hair and makeup person in my game at all. I cant play the career, the sim never shows up.

Message 176 of 195 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Novice
In my game, sim keeps being disgusted after 9 (!) attempts, and work time just ends.
Message 177 of 195 (1,202 Views)

★ Novice

I'm still having this problem months later, and have tried repairing the game, uninstalling CC, checking everything is updated (it is) resetting my Sim, and restarting. I'm frustrated as I just spent $50 on a bundle that includes this and can't really advance my Sim because of this. 

Message 178 of 195 (1,135 Views)

★★ Apprentice

LilaTheFox you are correct! I fixed it too. Turns out there is no bug. The hairstylist is just not very skilled at hairstyling. You gotta do hairstyling again and again and again until you got the hair right. I got it after the 3rd try! 

Thanks LileTheFox! Very helpful!

Message 179 of 195 (1,110 Views)

★ Novice

i ha the same problem,what did you do to fix it?

Message 180 of 195 (1,093 Views)