Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by tekntonk

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

No, it is still a bug, because it didn't use to happen when the game pack was new. It started occurring after a patch.

To me, it doesn't make sense to have unskilled make-up artists, if there is no way to train them (like you can in a restaurant).

Message 151 of 195 (1,195 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Buried earlier in this thread, I posted I had discovered this does seem to be a skill-progressive challenge, whether it is intentional or unintentional. I have noticed with my actor Sim the higher and further along in the acting career they’ve gotten, fewer mistakes are made with costume and makeup / hair until they are (almost) nonexistent. Most gigs my Sim does result in zero mistakes in these activities. I did also post I noticed it did seem to help if my Sim went to costume first as if that somehow gave the hair and makeup artist a clue about what look to produce. Doing that consistently has also seemingly helped my Sim spend a whole lot less time on these activities, resulting in more time for other gig challenges (as I have explained). Again, who knows if this is intentional or not as the game doesn’t really explain this to you. I have been able to achieve gold in every single gig my Sim has taken using this method, but your mileage may vary. Also, as I posted earlier, I am playing on a console. 

Message 152 of 195 (1,189 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried removing every single piece of CC in my game and repairing it afterwards, didn't fixed the bug. 
Shame on EA who's doing nothing about it knowing that it's a common issue.

Message 153 of 195 (1,181 Views)

★★ Guide

I had the hair fail for 3 gigs in a row. they were all low paying/budget ones (they served pizza and hot dogs)

now that the sim is a level 5 actor and the gig was a medium payout, they still served pizza but also had slightly fancier food. no hair or costume mistakes so far 

Message 154 of 195 (1,175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
But that doesn't really explain why there were no make-up mistakes when the pack was initially released. I had no issues with my beginner actor then.
Message 155 of 195 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If the whole "Low skill" of the artist is true, then they've set the bar really high, in my 7/8 gigs I have tried, not once......... Not ONCE has the artist did their job right!

Its coming close to 3 months now since people have reported this issue! And as I can see, people are starting to lose patience! I've decided I will not be getting the Stangertown expansion until this is fixed..... if that ever happens!

Message 156 of 195 (1,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Even before this glitch started, my makeup artists were still constantly failing. It's just that, instead, my Sims used to stay in their seat until the makeup artist finally got it right. Now they get out of their seat when a failure happens, and I have to start the whole interaction over again. The same thing happens with the costume artist, but they fail significantly less often than the makeup artist. Heck, even when this bug wasn't happening, the makeup artist would still eat up a good chunk of work time with their failures.

In my time playing the actor career, I have personally seen little to no difference, even if my Sims get in costume before going in to have their hair and makeup done. You'd think they would know what your Sims were getting their hair and makeup done for judging by their costume, but apparently not. On a side note, why do we need to get hair and makeup done on the Void Critter gigs? Your Sim's entire face is hidden by a huge mask!

Message 157 of 195 (1,084 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so, I just didn't wait for hair and makeup to be a completed task and just told the director I was ready and it just loaded up different tasks and started my acting gig. I'm not sure how often this works, as I only did it once, but maybe we can just do the gig even if not in the proper hair and makeup. 

Message 158 of 195 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Unless it affect the performance I think this sounds like an excellent workaround.
Message 159 of 195 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
I think this is correct. Still, it would be nice if there were some sort of message or note to that effect rather than the sim just getting up apparently having completed the assigned task.
Message 160 of 195 (970 Views)