Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by tekntonk

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

In reloading my start-of-gig save to try again (and hopefully work around this bug), I determined the trouble (in my case at least) seems to be a result of not having the correct hair etc. to go with the correct costume for the gig. In my gig, my Sim was doing the Salty Suds detergent spot, and the set was the pirate ship so she needed to be in a pirate costume with the blonde ponytail hairstyle. This time, although ‘Get Into Costume’ wasn’t on the task list, I did that first and when my Sim was in the correct outfit, I then went to ‘Get Into Hair and Makeup’ and was assigned the correct corresponding hair and makeup and - hurrah! - that task (which *was* on the list) popped immediately, allowing me to ‘Tell Director You Are Ready.’ Not sure if I will be able to repeat this on my next gig, but I will try it this way from now on. Note: I am fully patched and playing on a console (PS4 PRO) with every single expansion pack, stuff pack, and experience pack that has been released to consoles to date installed.

Message 121 of 195 (892 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@tekntonk I play on Mac and I’ve had the same positive results! I suggest everyone try it this way and see if it helps!

Message 122 of 195 (881 Views)

Get Famous tasks not getting aknowledged

★★ Novice

In my game, on Get Famous, every thing I do like "hair and make up", "Get in costume," "Gossip" or whatever prior to telling the director that I "am ready to perform" does not get acknowledged, thus keeping me from being able to get everything done by the end of the work day. I tried repairing the game but that did not work.

Message 123 of 195 (789 Views)

Re: Get Famous tasks not getting aknowledged

Champion (Retired)

If your Sim is not satisfied with the hair and makeup you need to do it again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 124 of 195 (783 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm playing on a Mac, with my game fully updated. I cannot find a solution that works. This bug has been happening for two months. Not really sure why it hasn't taken priority considering that Get Famous is basically unplayable. Shouldn't have spent $40 on this until I knew it was working properly.

Message 125 of 195 (790 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Upon further play in new gigs, I was able to successfully work around the bug multiple times as I described in my post above and so, for me on my console at least, it is a viable solution until the bug is squashed properly in a future patch. If any of this changes, I will report back here.

Message 126 of 195 (778 Views)

Re: Get Famous tasks not getting aknowledged

Hero

@JaiRob1980 

it's a known bug. I merged your thread with exiting bug report.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 127 of 195 (772 Views)

Re: [GF] Work and Prep Tasks not completing/progressing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have started having this issue. The get into hair and make up, and get into the gig costume tasks won't complete even though they've been done. Then the camera starts moving away until it can longer go any further and I cant move the camera back to my Sim at all no matter what I do.

Message 128 of 195 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @angievcc 

the hair and makeup is known to be glitched atm. I merged your posts with that thread.

The camera thing does sounds a bit different. People in here have reported that they can just try multiple times and it works then. 

Does the camera thing only happen after that interaction and always after that interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 129 of 195 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The camera glitch is old. I've had it basically since I started playing Sims4 in...2016? The camera starts to pan away and regardless of what you do it won't stop. Sometimes I have been able to stop it by going into Build Mode. Other times, I just let it pan, while moving the direction of the camera until it stops. 

Message 130 of 195 (694 Views)