Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by inspiritedmama

Original Post

★ Novice

New install of The Sims on a fresh install of Windows 10 - no cc - no mods - PC specs are WELL above min requirements. Brand new sim with NO old save files installed.

My sim has to have repeated tries at getting Hair and Makeup done. Multiple times I have not been able to actually get the hair and makeup done in the time allotted and as it is a gateway to other actions, my sim is unable to finish the acting job and get higher than bronze. The sim is at 2 stars.

Its very frustrating lol.

Message 101 of 195 (1,054 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I’m having this same issue. I’ll try 4-5 times and the stylist cannot get it together. It’s frustrating spending the majority of the allotted time for a gig fighting with the stylist. Currently on acting skill 3 or 4 and at Guest Star. 

Message 102 of 195 (1,040 Views)

I can't complete any tasks during the acting career!

★★★ Newbie

I have only just got the Get Famous expansion, so I'm only on my first gig on the acting career but for some reason whenever I try and do something e.g "get hair and makeup" it doesn't seem to register that it's complete with the task list on the top left of the screen... Does anyone have any idea how to get past this or resolve it? I have tried with different houses and uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game!

Message 103 of 195 (983 Views)

Re: I can't complete any tasks during the acting career!

Hero

Hi @Charlieeeeer 

this is a known issue. I merged your post with existing thread. 

Please click me too on the first post.

It seems that it works for some if you just keep trying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 195 (976 Views)

Get Famous Hair & Makeup

★★★ Novice

Just bought Get Famous and I am very disappointed. I can't complete gigs successfully because of the Hair and Makeup glitch. Just bought the pack a couple days ago so I know everything is up to date. What a waste of money at this point. Hoping it gets fixed soon.

Message 105 of 195 (946 Views)

Re: Get Famous Hair & Makeup

Hero

HI @gwen9888 

merged your post with existing bug report.

Please press me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 106 of 195 (935 Views)

Re: Get Famous Hair & Makeup

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

It’s very frustrating for sure. One thing I do to help complete tasks is zoom out and jog to the makeup station. Then try and complete that tasK. I add to the queue the next task that way if it doesn’t take my sim isn’t wasting time. Then after the next task I queue back to the makeup station. Again adding to the queue another task. This way I’m not wasting time just in the makeup chair. Eventually it ends up working and I still have enough time to complete the days work with a silver or gold medal. 

Message 107 of 195 (909 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this problem as well. None of the suggestions on the thread have worked for me (having other tasks cued, adding a second chair to use, trying multiple times. I have no mods or custom content.

I have also tried repairing the game in Origin, and last night I even uninstalled Origin and Sims and reinstalled today. Still can't get makeup done successfully.

My last attempt was to start a new game (just incase it was my save file) with a whole new character and I still had the same issue.

I'm hella frustrated. My next attempt will be to continue getting through the acting career only getting silvers for each gig in the hope that someones comment about the makeup artists making less mistakes further into the career proves fruitful.
Message 108 of 195 (884 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me suddenly now too. I've gone through the acting career a few times, and suddenly now it's not working and it's SO irritating.

I've tried repairing files, no CC installed ever, etc. Way to ruin an entire expansion pack EA.

Message 109 of 195 (852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if I just got lucky but this worked for me after four failed attempts at hair and makeup.  I got into costume first, then went back and she got it right first time.

Message 110 of 195 (814 Views)