Re: [TO TEST] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by LadyMichael

Original Post

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you guys know that we are aware of this issue. And we are currently investigating. 

@Heather_Dianne6, although we do not always have the time to respond, we are always aware of the stuff you guys report. Crinrict also help us so we do not miss anything Standard smile

Thank you all for your patience, we completely understand this is an ugly one Frown

Message 71 of 195 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@gahvriela wrote:

Thank you so much! I just got this pack and assumed I wouldn't come across any glitches yet I got this and couldn't get it checked off. I tried adding in the second chair and it finally worked!

What do you mean by the second chair? How did you get it to work?

Message 72 of 195 (1,736 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

★★ Novice

Picked up the sims 4 after not playing it for a while, and started a brand new game The same thing happens with me. Pretty much makes the game unplayable if you wish to progress in this career. 

I've no CC, and it's very much the same as the above. Not sure if there's been any update?

Message 73 of 195 (1,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

any idea on timeline for this fix? posts been up for over a month and ea awareness for weeks. not sure on turnaround times for these fixes / release cycles?

Message 74 of 195 (1,570 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same problem as well.  I tried clearing the cache, etc and it didn't help.

Message 75 of 195 (1,543 Views)

★ Apprentice
Likewise, but it seems not every gig for me. The cleaner commercial seems to bug (and has twice now, independent gigs) but the guitar commercial was fine, at least so far
Message 76 of 195 (1,496 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@walletoDon't know if you still need an answer to your question about the second chair...
Open the build menu and look for the Make-Up chair that came with the new Add-On. Place the chair next to the one already existing (DO NOT DELETE THE ONE ALREADY THERE) and go back to live mode. If the Make-Up Artist doesn't get the hair and/or Make-Up right in the chair that is already there, try and use the one you just placed yourself. It does not always work though. But it is one of the workarounds you can try.

Message 77 of 195 (1,460 Views)

★ Apprentice

@LadyMichael wrote:

@walletoDon't know if you still need an answer to your question about the second chair...
Open the build menu and look for the Make-Up chair that came with the new Add-On. Place the chair next to the one already existing (DO NOT DELETE THE ONE ALREADY THERE) and go back to live mode. If the Make-Up Artist doesn't get the hair and/or Make-Up right in the chair that is already there, try and use the one you just placed yourself. It does not always work though. But it is one of the workarounds you can try.

Silly question but how do you unlock the build menu while your Sim is on set (i.e. working)? Or alternatively, how do you find the set to edit while they are not working?

Message 78 of 195 (1,454 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know how or if you can find the film studio when your Sim isn't there. But to access build mode while there you have to open the console and type the following command: bb.enablefreebuild

Message 79 of 195 (1,440 Views)

★ Apprentice

Command worked, extra chair added, fixed nothing. and this time it was on the Making Moosic gig, which worked for me before. The game does not seem to let me take screenshots using Windows, so the interface is not shown. 

01-28-19_5-35-38 PM.png

Message 80 of 195 (1,434 Views)