Re: Get famous Glitch "get make up and hair" and "search for gig&

by Heather_Dianne6

Original Post

Get famous Glitch "get make up and hair" and "search for gig" doesn't work

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem with "Makeup and hair" interaction. I click on the makeup chair as usual. Stylist give my sim an weird hair and makeup and my sim is furious and stand up. But the task is not completed. I try to get makeup and hair so many time like 10 times. It's still not complete.

I try reset debug so many times but nothing work. So I decided to do factory reset but problem is still there. It done reset like 3 times. Nothing change. Finally I decided to reinstall the game.

After reinstalled I cannot search for gig or go to work, the button doesn.t work at all. I try to use the phone 'search for gig" The gig tab is empty.

I factory reset 1 more time. It still have this same problem. Now my game is ruined. It was fine when the "Get famous" first launch

Message 11 of 195 (5,794 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too, no CC at all! No solutions offered by the forum seemed to help! 

Message 12 of 195 (5,839 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have managed to find a (somewhat cumbersome) way around the bug.

If you Save before your sim goes into makeup/ hair, you can Exit without Saving, then reload from that save. The chances of it failing seem to vary, so after a couple of tries I was able to get the makeup and hair done successfully first time.

It's not ideal, and it's a bit irritating, but it's enough to let acting still be possible before the bug gets fixed.

Message 13 of 195 (5,818 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 195 (5,748 Views)

Hero

Hi @Nithikan2

I merged your other post in here as well. You seem to have already found this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 195 (5,721 Views)

★★ Novice

i have this issue too! it takes sometimes over 4 sim hours to get it right and then my sim runs out of time to preform Frown ruins the whole experience 

Message 16 of 195 (5,649 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this problem a lot lately. I just sent my sim to her gig and I decided to try putting her into hair and makeup first. The gig started at 7pm, she was still trying to get her hair and makeup done at 3am when the gig ended. She's jumping up every time he makes a mess and I have to start the whole thing over again. He gets the makeup wrong, I start again, he gets the makeup right but the hair wrong, I have to start from makeup again but then he gets the make up wrong. This went on the entire time. I couldn't do any of the other jobs let alone complete the filming.

Message 17 of 195 (5,634 Views)

★ Novice

Hi all,

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

I am new to the game and so am unfamiliar with how to remove bugs/install patches.

Any advice would be really appreciated Standard smile

Message 18 of 195 (5,537 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Lucinda354 As far as removing bugs go, you will have to wait for the developers of the game to remove them in patches. For patches, you don't have to do anything special. Whenever there's a new patch, there will be a banner over the Sims 4 icon in your Origin library saying "new update." Just click on the icon and click install.

There is also no official solution for this bug. If you're encountering it, first try what the other people in this post have suggested. If that does not work, you may have to wait for a new patch that will fix the bug. I hope this helps!

Message 19 of 195 (5,455 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah this is happening to me too, it's a bummer. Just bought the expansion and it hasn't worked since I got it. I can only get to bronze during the work day and it's keeping my sim from advancing in her career. Sucks.

Message 20 of 195 (5,443 Views)