Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Skyline Gitch

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I click on sim go to cas, come out of cas it's there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Distance view goes weird
What do you expect to see? Normal skyline
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. none apart from updating to the latest patch

11-21-18_12-16-09%C2%A0PM.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tR_EZY7D5yrsuZjw1wQ-4zV_dB2CMS0N (HigherRes)

i thought it might be related to the last patch however after the new patch it's still there, graphics card is fully updated, I don't have any script mods.

I have also tried a vanilla game no cc whatsoever and it's still there even in a new game.

EDIT (crin): Added pic directly to the post.

Message 1 of 13 (2,111 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Weird Graphic Glitch in Worlds, skyline view

Hero

We fixed the Del Sol Valley skyline texture glitch after exiting CAS.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (1,930 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Skyline Gitch

Hero (Retired)

@CoffeyN7 which lot is your sim on and in which world?  I haven't been able to pinpoint that view in my game.

Message 2 of 13 (2,022 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Skyline Gitch

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's the 50/40 lot on the cliff ridge in Del Sol Valley, the pinnacles, the one in front of the 64/64 lot The house you see is one I made not EA.

Message 3 of 13 (2,002 Views)

Betreff: [TO TEST] [GF] Skyline Gitch

★★ Apprentice

I have the exact same problem with the lot in the pinnacles.

The glitch occurs in my game also at the other houses in the pinnacles.

There is also a glitch without going to CAS: only on the side the background disapears, when I move the camera. This happens the whole time when I play.

I wonder, if these are bugs or other problems.

I tried this in a fresh vanilla game.

27.11.18_23-35-43.png 

Message 4 of 13 (1,956 Views)

★ Guide

I think it's a major bug considering people are having rendering issues on laptops, I have also noticed the billboards flickering on the buildings when I move the camera or the buildings themselves flickering like mad, I updated my graphics card today as there was a new one out, however the problem still persists.

Message 5 of 13 (1,951 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, it seems to be a bug. I also updated my grafic card but no changes.

Now I see the flickering billboards too...

Message 6 of 13 (1,941 Views)

★ Guide

I re-tried a vanilla game, no cc at all, I noticed when starting a build in the other neighbourhood the sky was glitching again, not even been to cas, reloaded went to cas and it's there again, this is obviously a major bug, my graphics is fully updated as is my game obviously, I have a 8GB ROG Strix 1080 (Nvidia) along with 64gb DDR5 memory, so to me that is more than enough to run the game, I also play other games flawlessly, so this world was not play tested in my book just rushed out as per usual.

Message 7 of 13 (1,868 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So, lets hope they fix it in the upcoming patch.

My PC system (Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3,40 GHz, RAM 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660) is also not that bad, to cause such problems.

The grapic card is fully updated.

Message 8 of 13 (1,851 Views)

Weird Graphic Glitch in Worlds, skyline view

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pan around and look at the background world. Just two that I've tested so far is Windenburg, Del Sol Valley, and San Myshuno, and it happens in both. Very distracting.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a weird cone where it looks like two skylines are in the same space, and as you pan the camera, you can see one skyline overtaking the other (video included).
What do you expect to see? One, smooth skyline.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's really not easy to describe. You'll have to watch the video. It has a weird bubble like second skyline in the immediate line of sight and a different skyline in peripheral sights, and you can clearly see them, as the camera moves around. I have tested with out mods and cc and it is exactly the same. 

It could be in more worlds, I'll go test that later, but as of now, it for sure happens in San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley, and Windenburg. The video of it is in Del Sol Valley. 

Video Here: https://youtu.be/1ECdJ6sVhQo

Message 9 of 13 (1,676 Views)

Re: Weird Graphic Glitch in Worlds, skyline view

★★★★ Guide
This looks similar to what's happening in Del Sol Valley.
Message 10 of 13 (1,662 Views)