[FIXED] [GF] Skills/tasks for gigs and auditions don't appear

by IAmInhuman

Original Post

Re: Prep Tasks not Appearing (Get Famous)

★★★ Novice

Me too.  With and without mods, my tasks only would appear if I pulled up the tab.  It's happening for other careers, too, though--not just the acting career.

Message 41 of 81 (1,879 Views)

[GET FAMOUS] Actor Career Pre-task BUG

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play with the Get Famous Pack 2. Become an Actor (Career) 3. Choose a gig 4. Click the Career button on the right bottom corner 5. BUG: There are "often 90%" no "pre-tasks/recommended skills" showing up under the "Gig" row
What happens when the bug occurs? No "pre-tasks/recommended skills" are shown under the "Gig" row in the "Career" section. I have to keep switching between the "Career" button and other buttons back and forth and hope it will show me the "pre-tasks".
What do you expect to see? The pre-tasks before gigs // skills recommended before auditions should be shown/seen in the career section.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Screenshot1: https://1drv.ms/u/s!All_mQGBcwJYjCOoJq5bLN2E_F50

Screenshot2: https://1drv.ms/u/s!All_mQGBcwJYjCRRuRsGRzI51eri

Message 42 of 81 (1,809 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Skills/tasks for gigs and auditions don't appear

★★★★★ Novice

It's been happening to me that once my sim attempts to "choose" a gig the program glitches and suddenly everything about the acting career completely vanishes. My sim can "cancel" her gig and pick a new one but then it all happens again. The game treats it like she is not even employed.

Message 43 of 81 (1,780 Views)

Hero
@KERRYKELLY123 Your issues sounds more like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Looking-for-Audition-cancels-can-t-go-to-auditions/m-p...

Is your game all updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 81 (1,776 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes my game is updated...I also do have mods but instead of removing every single one I was hoping someone might know of a mod or particular mod(s) that are known to interfere with the Actor career. Usually when I've experienced glitches like this it turns out to not be mods after all.

Message 45 of 81 (1,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KERRYKELLY123 Is your issue the one above though ? This thread has nothing to do with mods or the career not working properly. It's a display issue of the scrollbar not working.

If you want to know which mods are broken, you can check the list here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-pa...

Bug reporting is for vanilla games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 81 (1,765 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure if the solution has been discussed here but the best work around for me has been to drag out the window so it can display everything in a bigger window, this displays everything and all of the tasks are visible and ready to complete even if the scroll bar doesn’t appear

Message 47 of 81 (1,730 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GF] Skills/tasks for gigs and auditions don't appear

★ Novice

I am also using windows. No mods or anything. I have every expansion except the island one. It was showing at first but I think it was after my second promotion it stopped showing what I need for auditions and gigs. I’m also not getting awards when I go to the award ceremony either but it keeps saying I’m being nominated. 

Message 48 of 81 (1,680 Views)

Re: prep tasks/recommended skills not showing

★ Guide

I'm having this issue, too. I tried a complete folder refresh and game repair, as posted as the solution, but my test save's first gig has no pre-gig prep tasks, either.

Message 49 of 81 (1,711 Views)

Re: prep tasks/recommended skills not showing

★★★ Novice

This literally just happened to me now.  A couple of minutes ago, it was working.  Now I can’t see the tasks.

Message 50 of 81 (1,694 Views)