Re: Can’t see tasks for acting Career

by mackretyunish

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Skills/tasks for gigs and auditions don't appear

★★★ Novice
@crinrictIAmInhuman My Sim is working as an art Critic but job tasks do not show even for child going to school, only since last update August 8, 2019
Message 71 of 81 (2,392 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GF] Skills/tasks for gigs and auditions don't appear

★★★★ Novice
@thisisarealpainx Woo you're brilliant!
Message 72 of 81 (2,356 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Skills/tasks for gigs and auditions don't appear

★★★ Newbie

When you click on the Career tab, along the top border there are 2 small horizontal lines. If you click and drag those upwards it should show them all.. For some reason the game doesn’t let you scroll far enough if the tab is too small.

Good Luck!

Message 73 of 81 (2,331 Views)

Re: prep tasks/recommended skills not showing

★★★ Newbie

You son of a gun , thanks !!!

Message 74 of 81 (2,320 Views)

Actress Audition and Performance requirements for passing not showing up

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim an actress, get a gig after getting an agency. Look at the work screen for your audition, it will not show requirements to pass the audition, and once you pass it (if you are lucky not knowing what is needed) it will not show what is needed for the actual performance to do well on risky parts or any parts. If there is another sim in the household, you have to look at their work screen that does work, then go straight to your sims work screen and it will then show. But it will go away and you have to rinse and repeat the cycle to keep up with it.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot see requirements to pass audition on the work screen of your sim, nor can you see what is needed for performance to go well if you luckily pass audition
What do you expect to see? Requirements of what is needed for both auditions and performances in actor career
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

C:\Users\amm28\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\Slot_0000001e.save

C:\Users\amm28\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\Slot_0000000a.save

C:\Users\amm28\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\Slot_00000035.save

I could not get print screen thing to work to show you the picture of what is going on, but those are the file save names if it helps any at all for you to get in and see, please help. I really wanted to level an actress, and as you can see I have a few trying to be one. 

Message 75 of 81 (2,311 Views)

Re: Actress Audition and Performance requirements for passing not showing up

Hero
@allykatz77 Merged your post with the current thread on this. Please check solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 81 (2,290 Views)

Re: Actress Audition and Performance requirements for passing not showing up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Crinrict, I am always having trouble getting that in the right place I am sorry.

How do you do that? I am not very good technologically, I was not aware you could resize any bars.

You all are a huge sanity saver! I finally found the lines you were describing above the green ( I was doing the green not above) and could get it to move up and see what is needed!!!! Thank you so much, I know it's not a fix, but at least a work around until hopefully it can be fixed again! Thank you all!!!!

Message 77 of 81 (2,269 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm also on XBox One, and that's as close as I've gotten. I can use the DPad to scroll down and see the context-sensitive-help pop-up that gives you a clue as to what the task probably is, and once - one time - I did something while doing that, and then, the next time I opened the career tab, it showed the whole thing, daily tasks and all!  But, now, I can't reproduce it for the life of me, and I'm starting to think I dreamed it. Wink

And there's no excuse for this. We shouldn't need a "workaround" at all.  I'm quick to defend EA when someone incorrectly says beta testing should catch all issues on all possible PC configurations, but simply making sure you can see all parts of all game controls and dialogs...?  Especially when porting to another platform...? This is alpha testing stuff!  How do you miss that?

I'm starting to think every time I consider buying an expansion, I should search the forums and see what about it just doesn't work at all, before I buy it. Wink

(See... the little emoticon is there to say I'm not as mad as I may sound, but come on, y'all... An inaccessible control dialog?)

Message 78 of 81 (2,231 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

The acting career was one of the main reasons I bought the get famous pack. I usually do some research before buying packs to see if it’s worth it and if there are any problems with it but I didn’t find anything detrimental. Now I just feel like I’ve wasted money with it. I’ve saw some people post work arounds using the 3 dots above the tab to make the window bigger the view them but as far as I can see it’s only on PC and not console as I haven’t been able to find it in my save🤷🏼‍♀️

Message 79 of 81 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mackretyunish Yeah, it's not there on console. They are still being checked off you just can't see them.

Workaround for PC/Mac

Drag the three lines at the top up until you see the task (credits to christheone88). Details and pics: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/06/tasks-skills-for-auditions-missing/

Workaround for Console

There isn't a real workaround but you can still just do the tasks and they will fulfill. 

Here's a list of all the gigs and their tasks:

Last Town in the West

- Friendship with Director
- Fitness
- Guitar

ZBB: Apocalypse Rising

- Fitness

- Guitar

- Perform Action Scenes

Detective Law

- Acting

- Fitness

- Friendship with Co-Star

Valdislaus Hardware

- Fitness 

- Handiness

Preclinical Pharmaceuticals

- Research Playful Emotion

- Comedy Skill

Making Moosic

- Guitar

- Charisma

VoidBop

- Fitness

- Charisma

Salty Suds Commercial

- Acting

- Charisma

Growing Up Crumplebottom

- Research Angry Emotion

- Handiness Skill

Critters from the Mauven Forest

- Guitar

The Urbz

- Comedy

- Research Flirty Emotion

Wild Flames

- Practice Romantic Scenes

- Comedy Skill

Dead Sea Adventures

- Acting

- Fitness

Residency of the Heart

- Charisma

Dignity & Decorum

- Charisma

Of Tea & Treachery

- Practice Dramatic Scenes

- Charisma

The Sheriff from Alpha Centauri

- Comedy

Captain Sigma: Olympus Landing

- Research Angry Emotion

- Fitness Skill

Tournament of Honor

- Practice Dramatic Scenes

- Acting

- Charisma

Melodies of the City

- Charisma

Treasures of Aarbyville

- Fitness

- Practice Action Scenes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 81 (16,555 Views)