[FIXED] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

by Ovonarus

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SisterGloomy Some people said it works for them even though it can come back (which is clearly stated in the workaround post). I'm leaving it for visibility.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 102 (2,477 Views)

Re: Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion.

★★ Guide

I’ve also noticed this with fame quirks. If you remove the quirk, it still has the symptom. If you have UI Extensions mod you can eliminate the buff by right clicking on it.

That’s usually what I don as a workaround. 

Message 72 of 102 (2,344 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★ Guide

Now, after the last update, my celebrity sim is constant angry because she need juice, but when she gets it, she is still angry.. and i removed that quirk for a long time ago. 

Message 73 of 102 (2,309 Views)

Re: quirks

★ Novice

To recreate, phone fanatic: use your phone to take pictures. After about 5 pics you get the quirk. You then can try to remove and your character will still have the quirk but it is not displayed as having it in your quirk list.

Message 74 of 102 (2,296 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictmh4515 My hero!!!
Message 75 of 102 (2,205 Views)

★ Novice

The cloning machine from the scientist career was how i got around this bug.

You have to decide if its worth losing skills and relationships for that, get to keep all the traits atleast.

Message 76 of 102 (2,079 Views)

Hero

As the vampire issue got fixed, I would be super glad if someone could test this.

It's very possible that affected Sims still have the issue. Re-add and remove again to be sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 102 (2,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I tested this:

Made a sim Notable Newcomer celebrity level 1 that unlocks a quirk ability; entertained them with the mobile phone until they got the quirk Phone Fanatic, and let them have that for one day. Next day gave them the Reward Quirk B-gone potion; played them for a sim-week, on full autonomy, gave them actions sometimes. No autonomous phone interactions.
Gave them the quirk Phone Fanatic again; played them for a sim-week. They played with their phone several times a day; and while doing other things: talking, sitting by the computer. They got a moodlet with a couple of hours intermission: Separation Anxiety. The moodlet only disappeared after player directed phone interactions; not the autonomous ones.

I then gave them the potion Quirk B-gone again, and played them for a week. One day they autonomously chose Browse Web on the phone 4 times; otherwise not at all.

The moodlet Separation Anxiety only appeared when having the quirk Phone Fanatic, not after being fed the potion. 

While having the quirk Phone Fanatic, the autonomous action to fiddle with the phone is not visible as such in the action queue.

The autonomus action to Browse Web the second week (after the potion) was visible in the action queue.

Did the same routine with the quirk: Public Number. The potion worked there too: no fan texts, no moodlets.

Since interactions on the phone, player directed and autonomous, are possible for sims, regardless of celebrity level and quirks; I suggest anyone who still think their sim plays with their phone too much to look in the action queue field to confirm if it is a fame quirk idle or an ordinary phone interaction.

Message 78 of 102 (12,357 Views)

Hero
@DonroaAkashu Thanks for testing. This was mostly about the moodlet itself so I'm going to cautiously mark this as fixed.

If anyone still sees this, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 102 (1,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DonroaAkashuIn my (console) game moodlets/buffs only come back after CAS/loading save. Did you test this as well?

Message 80 of 102 (1,953 Views)