[FIXED] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

by Ovonarus

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★ Apprentice
Same Here except with the Juice quirk I removed it using the Quirk b-gone potion from aspiration point store but my sim is still getting the quirk buffs. (She is a Grand master Vampire if that matters)
Message 21 of 102 (5,569 Views)

★★ Apprentice
So an update she developed the quirk again but its not showing up as being there in the quirk menu and it seems as if she's lost the quirk now that the game thinks she has it. At-least the Angry modlet that had been sticking around no matter what disappeared.
Message 22 of 102 (5,557 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim was stuck with juice enthusiast always angry even with the quirk gone. I simply fixed it with: testingcheats on

shift clicked the sim. Re-added the quirk from there under image i think. 

Made them resolve the issue, like drinking orange juice to not be angry.

Shift click sim to take it off after. So far it worked for me, idk if I'm late to the party for answers, didn't really read it all just thought i'd throw my solution out there lol

Message 23 of 102 (5,531 Views)

★★ Novice
scratch that...it randomly came back.
Message 24 of 102 (5,495 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue (sort of?). My sim got a quirk when she had one star (Refined plate quirk), but when she lost her star the quirk disappeared from the slot but she still gets the moodlets, even though now she has more stars and the quirk slot is empty.

Message 25 of 102 (5,447 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I removed the quirk Juice Enthusiast with cheats (see post 12) but the quirk got back after a while again as soon as she drank some juice.

Message 26 of 102 (5,392 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having a similar quirk problem, only I removed a quirk with quirk b gone and the moodlet he got from juice enthusiast quirk was still there. I removed it, because he was wanting so much juice it was making him fat. For a while it was still able to be satisfied by drinking a juice, but now it is just a constant angry moodlet that can't be satisfied no matter how much he drinks. 

Message 27 of 102 (5,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Getting the same issue. On top of that my bugged quirk is juice enthutiast and even though my sim drinks he still gets the angry emotion. Needless to say it makes playing an absolute nightmare. What were they thinking. Clearly they did not make it fully disappear from a sims data, only explanation for it coming back. Only workaround I've found is cheat-add the quirk then remove it. Not permanent as they come back randomly and as of now I've added a no quirks mod until it's fixed. It sucks however that my played sims already had quirks developed and cannot get out of it.

@SimGuruIcarus You cannot possibly be unable to reproduce this. It's really simple. Have a celebrity get some quirks, specifically buff quirks like juice enthusiast and refined palate. Remove said quirks (any method), play a few days and trigger the action (eating, drinking, etc.). You'll get the positive emotion buff for doing a quirk action, and afterwards, a negative one. In some cases the negative buff remains, such as juice enthusiast despite drinking, where I had to cheat and add it back, then remove it. I for one like the idea of quirks, the Sims need more personality and less of "Mr. Perfect", and as such it really sucks that I cannot use them properly and will totally bork my sim.

EDIT: For those of you affected by this bug, LittleMsSam released a quirk fix mod that remedies this issue if you do use mods.

Message 28 of 102 (5,316 Views)

[GF] Buffs obtained from Bucks Perks are not removed by Celebrity Cleanse

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to and including Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Obtain Fame Perks that include a buff (ex: buff_FamePerk_FanFavorite_HasPerk), then use a Celebrity Cleanse to reset perks. You should find that the buff and any effects it provides on its own (effects not requiring the Bucks Perk itself) will still be present.
What happens when the bug occurs? Celebrity Cleanse fails to remove buffs that come with Fame Perks.
What do you expect to see? The expectation is that Celebrity Cleanse removes everything associated with perks, including any buffs provided by them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have two different sims who I got to a high level of fame who retained certain buffs after a Celebrity Cleanse - buffs relating to Fame Perks. For example, buff_FamePerk_FanFavorite_HasPerk

I've not seen any exception to this yet (I just haven't had that many sims I've gone for fame with).

Repeated usage of Celebrity Cleanse made no difference. I don't see anything explicit in the Celebrity Cleanse interaction tuning that manually removes the buffs with a LootAction (e.g. buff_removal / buffs_to_remove), so it seems like a straightforward oversight.

Message 29 of 102 (5,278 Views)

Re: [GF] Buffs obtained from Bucks Perks are not removed by Celebrity Cleanse

Hero
Hi @TriplisSims

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 102 (5,251 Views)