Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Pro

Something weird I noticed: Celebrity Cleanse reappers after moving saves/games and won't go unless you buy/remove same perks as before.

Message 51 of 102 (5,552 Views)

★ Guide

I am also having this issue. I used the potion and the Juice Enthusiast was removed from the quirks, but I still get the Craving Juice effect, so my sim gets pretty angry if he doesn't drink, lol!

Message 52 of 102 (5,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem: quirks are gone, fame is back to zero, but the need of juice is still there.

My sims are angry all the time, making the game unplayable. Is there anything I can do or try?

Will delete the family I'm currently playing resolve the problem?

Message 53 of 102 (5,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

There is no permanent fix yet, the problem tends to be that they have the quirk but it does not display in the celebrity panel and therefore it can't get removed with the potion.

You can get rid of the moodlet by adding the quirk back with testingcheats and getting rid of it with the potion. The process is a bit long.

Open up the console menu (ctrl + shift + c) and type: testingcheats on

then type: sims.get_sim_id_by_name yoursimfirstname yoursimlastname

yoursimfirstname and yoursimlastname is the first and last name of your current sim (see the picture), you will get the simID for your sim, write it down.

then type: bucks.unlock_perk PerkType true 61442 targetsim

PerkType is the name for the quirk and targetsim is your sims simID

List of names for the quirks:

• Phone Fanatic     Quirks_PhoneFanatic
  • Vain Street     Quirks_VainStreet
  • Public Number     Quirks_PublicNumber
  • Refined Palate     Quirks_RefinedPalate
  • Stan     Quirks_Stan
  • Paparazzi Darling     Quirks_PaparazziDarling
  • Juice Enthusiast     Quirks_JuiceEnthusiast
  • No Touching     Quirks_NoTouching
  • Brushes With Fame     Quirks_BrushesWithFame
  • Fan Mail     Quirks_FanMail
  • A Serious Actor    Quirks_ASeriousActor
  • Emotion Bomb     Quirks_EmotionBomb

This will add back the quirk so that it displays properly in the celebrity panel, then you can remove it with the potion.

Unfortunately, the quirk can return (I think it can happen if you go back to manage worlds), but you can play the current household without the angry moodlet returning. I have copied the last text and saved it in a text editor so I can just cut and paste it if they get the quirk again.

jc3.png

Message 54 of 102 (9,120 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot, it worked.

Message 55 of 102 (5,321 Views)

Hero

Thanks @mh4515  for the detailed workaround

Marked this as workaround solution to make it more visible-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 102 (5,307 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★★★★ Apprentice

this bug still persists my famous sim got the phone fanatic quirk, I used the quirk be gone potion and now my sim just randomly pulls out the phone and looks like using it but there isn't any action in queue, I tried the solution already it worked like for a day or so until my sim got back to this behavior.

it's like the quirk isn't gone 100%, like I don't get the tense moodlet from not using the phone all I get is that playing with phone animation

Message 57 of 102 (5,206 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I used the quirk be gone potion to remove my quirk and like @XxNata92xX my sim is still frequently using their phone, they just don't get tense anymore.  My sims that never had the quirk don't use the phone as often as the one who had the quirk and had it removed with the potion.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 58 of 102 (5,084 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got this with my vampires, and cured vampires too.

I still have the traits, and if I manually remove them they still come back. I tried saving and going back to manage world. Saving going back to main menu. Saving then exiting the game.

I also tried that with Save As.

So either it just doesn't save traits lists on Sims or they're cached somewhere and it reads from there instead.

Message 59 of 102 (5,065 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrictmh4515 Thank you so much for the work-around. I had tried all the other in game solutions, saved the household, started using them in another save and suddenly my sim became a raging alcoholic again. D:

I'll keep playing the household and see if the quirk pops back up again. <3
Message 60 of 102 (4,972 Views)