Re: Quirks can't be fully removed

Hero

Hi @SisterGloomy 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 102 (2,135 Views)

Re: Quirks can't be fully removed

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. My sim had paparazzi darling and I used the potion to get rid of it, but he kept going outside to pose for paparazzi as if he had the quirk. Problem with that was that it gave him the quirk again. What a waste of satisfaction points.

It seems to be the same issue that vampires have with weaknesses so I'm thinking that it's the same problem that encompasses them both.

Message 42 of 102 (2,042 Views)

Phone Fanatic quirk removal – doesn’t work

★★★ Novice

Removing the ‘Phone Fanatic’ quirk by drinking the potion ‘Quirk-B-Gone’ removes the quirk from the ‘Fame’ board but doesn’t remove the quirk completely.

On the hour, every hour, for 5-7 Sim minutes my Sim stops what they are doing to use the phone. There is no action in the Que to cancel it, unless I get my Sim to do something else.

This has been brought up before but it’s still not fixed. I think I know where the problem is. It’s stuck in the phone app, in the ‘Social’ tab. I took a pic of my Sim when she was doing this. (See 'Phone Fanatic' pic)

I also took pics of other apps that are being used on the phone. (See 3 apps)

We have been asked to upload our files; I noticed this answer in the forum. You can test this out the way I did it.

1. Create a (5x5) box with a gate or door and lock your Sim in it. (My Sim had food in her inventory that doesn’t spoil). Have nothing else in their inventory to play with.
  2. Set up either an art easel, or, a desk, chair and computer. Have the Sim either paint a large painting or write a book.
  3. Watch the Sim’s time on the clock, when the Sim stops to use the phone that is the hour the Sim will stop to use it on the next hour.

I hope my information helps.

Message 43 of 102 (2,017 Views)

Re: Phone Fanatic quirk removal – doesn’t work

Hero

Hi @AmethstCrystal 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 102 (2,006 Views)

Re: quirks

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue 

Message 45 of 102 (1,992 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with a sim created by a EA. My sim married Kayla Fleming npc sim from the get famous pack and I did everything from codes and cheats and she still misses the juice.. 

Message 46 of 102 (1,953 Views)

★ Pro

My Sim would like to retire from the spotlight. He's done a Celebrity Cleanse and bought Quirk BeGone potions giving him a clean slate. However he now has Fame Perks available he did not originally have. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 10.00.29 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 9.59.57 AM.jpg

Message 47 of 102 (1,910 Views)

★★ Guide

@liplock86 wrote:

I have the same problem with a sim created by a EA. My sim married Kayla Fleming npc sim from the get famous pack and I did everything from codes and cheats and she still misses the juice.. 

Playing with the same sim. 

Removed the quirk with the potion, but she still gets the sad and angry moodlets from craving juice.

She also automatically makes herself drinks more often than other sims.

Message 48 of 102 (1,748 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem. Sims get Refined Palate quirk moodlet after the fame gain was fully disabled for them and while they never got the quirk in the first place.

Message 49 of 102 (1,704 Views)

★★ Guide
I have the same issue, but for me it’s the emotion bomb quirk. I’ve tried removing it three times with potion, and it’s still there.
Message 50 of 102 (1,667 Views)