Re: quirks

by linnie2118

Original Post

Re: Bug: Phone Fanatic behavior persists after quirk removal

Hero

HI @RblDiver

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

As for the box: If you have suggestions how to improve AHQ, it's best to use this forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/bd-p/O-2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 102 (9,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have this bug but with the juice enthusiast quirk, the sims does not have the quirk in the list but still gets tense or angry if the sim have not had a drink for a while.

So I removed the quirk with console commands that I found from TwistedMexi, as far as I can tell, there is not a command to remove the specific quirk, but I can add it again so that it displays properly and then remove it with the potion and that seems to solve it. 

If anyone is interested:

Open up the console menu: sims.get_sim_id_by_name yoursimfirstname yoursimlastname to get the simID

Then type bucks.unlock_perk <PerkType> true 61442 <targetsim> perktype is the name for the perk and targetsim is your sims simID

the perktype name for Phone Fanatic is Quirks_PhoneFanatic , for me who had Juice enthusiast it was Quirks_JuiceEnthusiast

Then you can remove the quirk with the potion.

My guess is that the quirks can get bugged and not show up properly in the celebrity list and can therefore not be removed with the potion.

update: the quirk returns after a while but you can at least play for a while without the quirk.

Message 12 of 102 (9,310 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem but it's the "juice enthusiast quirk, I have had my sim get a 'celebrity cleanse', I have had her use the quirk be gone potion at least three times, and I have even tried removing it with a cheat but it's still there.  I don't use any custom content or mods either.

Message 13 of 102 (9,285 Views)

quirks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My sim is in the mixology career.  She is not a celebrity, however, she has a celebrity quirk, juice enthusiast, I had her step out of the spotlight, use the quirk begone potion (several times) I even had her do a celebrity cleanse. This quirk just won't go away.

I even performed a cheat and tried removing it that way.

Please, is there any way to get rid of this quirk?

It's alarmingly similar to real life as it effects her home-life and her job.  On more than one occasion she was up for a promotion and towards the end of her shift she became unreasonably angry over not having her 'juice' and lost her promotion.

It's exhausting, had I wanted to put up with an alcoholic I would have stayed married to my ex-husband, please, fix this bug.

Message 14 of 102 (9,279 Views)

Hero

Hi @darla7561

I merged your current thread with the existing bug report which you seem to be already aware of.

I'm unsure if there's any solutions at this point.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 102 (9,251 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We have been unable to reproduce this at our end. 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 16 of 102 (9,222 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★★ Novice
The “Juice Enthusiast” Quirk will not go away and my sim is always angry. I’ve even used cheats to try and replace it but it’s still there. Same for the “Refined Palate” Quirk.
Message 17 of 102 (9,187 Views)

★★ Novice

this is kind of off topic, but when i turn on cheats and shift-click on a sim no get famous cheats come up such as 'remove quirk' which id really appreciate rn, lol. not sure what im doing wrong..

Message 18 of 102 (9,178 Views)

★★ Apprentice
If I did this correctly, the sim in question is Yuma Grace. She had the juice quirk which was removed through the celebrity cleanse. Afterwards she continued to get tense and angry if she didn't have a drink. She is now a vampire so I don't know if this has changed her or not. But wanted to share the file in case it helps.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As8z9r8eNkklgsRd_qRMqI9z24xhOw

Message 19 of 102 (9,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Same here. 

Untitled-12.png

My vamp sim suddenly got into dark formation, then he offended his spouse today while inactive. 

I wondered what's going on, so I activated him and I saw this. 

Untitled-16.png

Of course I removed the juice enthusiast quirk ages ago, so he doesn't have that but it's mysterious how he can still have this anger mood from this quirk. 

Also no time limit, so I don't know how to get rid of this. I tried the moodlet solver drink but didn't work. I let him drink over 5 glasses of drinks but didn't work either. 

Message 20 of 102 (9,060 Views)