[FIXED] [GF] Looking for Audition cancels/can't go to auditions

by jk-olsen

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 bug with acting and freelancer careers

Hero

Hi @Falu1011 

I merged your post with a similar thread. I'm unsure if it's all the same issue but yours sounds the same as others in this thread.

Could you test if you have the same issues on a fresh save that never saw any mods ? Just for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 75 (1,487 Views)

★★ Novice
It does seem to be a similar problem! Thank you.
I have tried it with the actress one (a while ago) at first everything was fine but it began to happen after the 5th work on the acting career.
But I think I could try again to see what happens
Message 62 of 75 (1,477 Views)

Check Open Auditions button not working.

★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join acting career. Click on "Check Open Auditions" button on jobs tab on right.
What happens when the bug occurs? Button does nothing. Have to use the Check Open Auditions selection on the Cell phone.
What do you expect to see? Button should open the available jobs list on both Cell and Job tab.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only happens after 1.51.77.1020 was released.

Button in Jobs tab on right side of screen not working.

Message 63 of 75 (1,448 Views)

★★ Novice

In the past days I have been testing the game with two new saves (One had mods and the other didnt).

The problem didnt happenned again with the save that didnt have mods.

with the save I had the mods on, i tried taking some mods off to see if there was a specific mod doing it.

I had Many mods and two of them were UI extension Cheats and MC command center, once I deleted those 2, I had to make my sim quit her job and then made her become an actress again and until now the problem didnt happenned again. So I Will assume the problem came with those 2 mods.

If somehow the problem appears again I'll post here again. 

Thank you! And I hope this can help anyone with the same problem.

Message 64 of 75 (1,395 Views)

Re: Check Open Auditions button not working.

Hero

Hi @Psychotps 

did it happen right after joining ? Does it happen to every Sim ?

Did you delete your cache files after removing your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 75 (1,431 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I found a workaround for this:

1: Go to your phone (Select the Work option.)

2: Check to see if you have the "Cancel Audition" or "Cancel Gig" option; select it.

3: Now try to select the "Check Auditions" button again. (It should work now.)

I've been noticing this issue seems to pop up regularly when playing multiple lots; for some reason you will still receive a notification of an Audition or Gig about to start for a Sim on another lot if you already accepted one, but didn't actually go to it before switching active lots. Allow me to explain my workflow:

Household 1:
1: Have Sim check for Auditions, take an audition.

2: Save & Change Lots.

Household 2:

1: Play Household 2 for a length that it would take for Household 1's audition to come up; you will receive a notification that the audition is coming up in an hour.

2: Play for a few more in-game hours (I usually recommend around 3-4 hours, to allow the other Sim's audition "time" to expire.)

3: Save & Change Lots.

Househole 1 (Again):

1: Check the Sim who took the Audition before, try to click the "Check Auditions" button. (It won't work, because the game assumes they still have an audition pending.)

It might just be me, but I would assume any job that functions with "auditions" or "gigs" will likely experience this sort of bug.

- B

Message 66 of 75 (1,413 Views)

Hero

This is a known workaround for this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Looking-for-Audition-cancels-can-t-go-to-auditions/m-p...

just making sure we're taking about the same thing here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 67 of 75 (1,398 Views)

★★★★ Expert

It actually started working again some time after reaching fame level 2. Not sure why. For the entire first two fame levels, it never worked. And I tried every time.

It's extremely rare for me to switch lots in the middle of a play. I usually keep playing a single household until I max it out or get bored with it and move on to something else.  I didn't switch households at all this time.

Next time I see it happens, I'll try taking a gig then cancelling it. I don't think I cancelled a gig this time... I don't remember but I'm usually careful about that stuff. I always pull up a list of my skills before requesting the gig list to see what I best qualify for.

I DID switch companies though once I reached Fame 2. I always do. I was on A.I. first, then switched to that... what's it called? "Preferred?" "Best?" Can't remember. Maybe it's only on the A.I. one that it's broken now.  I'll have to test it.

Message 68 of 75 (1,376 Views)

Hero

@Psychotps 

I merged your post although I'm not 100% sure it's the same issue or not.

This thread is a bit of a collection anyways though so, I think it's fine to have your report here, especially since it started working again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 75 (1,364 Views)

Sims 4 (Get Famous) Sim won't look at auditions/ go to work.. help please?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, seasons, cats &dogs, city living, jungle adventures, parenthood, vampires, my first pet stuff, toddlers stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, kids rooms stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to go to work (get famous)
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to get my sim to look for auditions for work, however he will not phone/contact the agency.
What do you expect to see? The sim normally rings his agency to see if there's any auditions. So then i can choose an audition for my sim to go to, so he has work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I try to get my sim to look for auditions for work, however he will not phone/contact the agency. It's been happening now the past 3X i've been on the sims. (First time around 3 weeks ago). My sim isn't going to work, which means his fame reputation is going to start becoming poor, and may even stop being famous! Any help please... 

Message 70 of 75 (1,321 Views)