[FIXED] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

by Scribbit

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Is there a fix that you have found? 

Message 81 of 107 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having the issue, started right after I bought the Get to Work expac and opened up my own store.  Is there an update for a fix for this bug?  D:

Message 82 of 107 (1,475 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just had this happen to me as well. All expansions installed. Sim is not a celebrity but has a good reputation. Seems to have happened right after another Sim stole something in my store.

Message 83 of 107 (1,383 Views)

Famous Sim keep getting blame of stealing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? updated by Origin
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? be famous make friends and wait
What happens when the bug occurs? messages keep popping up saying something i heard you like to steal. and drops your reputation
What do you expect to see? not being blame on something i'm not doing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 4/16/2019 patch

after the patch my famous sim is getting a lot of messages "I heard you like to steal" has gotten worst. these messages has increase. i gotten 5 or 6 in a row. by the same sim. it drop my reputation down to 50%. this should been fix with patch 

Message 84 of 107 (1,348 Views)

Re: Famous Sim keep getting blame of stealing

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me, too. My Sim is the kindest Sim ever and would never do such a thing. Her reputation is great and I'm not actively pursuing the celebrity career, but she is a Notable Newcomer. She runs her own store selling her own woodworks and her flower arrangements. I haven't noticed anybody stealing anything, per se, but once when I came home I noticed my pet's food bowl was missing as though it had been stolen.

I'm not too put out by my reputation decreasing but I hate the thought of my Sim losing friends because she didn't do anything wrong. I need to know how to fix this.

Message 85 of 107 (1,273 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So there's still not a fix for this? My sim has a good reputation and she doesn't have any fame and I got this message from her boyfriend. Lol She is a doctor and she had some swab samples on her inventory. I wonder if this bug is triggered if your sims have things in their inventory that they acquired on another lot and bring home?
Message 86 of 107 (1,242 Views)

★ Novice
I've just had this happen, and my Sim isn't even in the spotlight, his mother was and I had him "step out" when she died, and now every day I'm getting texts. The man barely leaves his property except to run the dog at the moment as they have kids he's raising.
Message 87 of 107 (1,156 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

★★★ Newbie
I'm getting the same thing with my sims (both celebrities one world wide one proper) and neither have stans, so I don't think that it is it
Message 88 of 107 (1,122 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

★★★ Newbie
I removed the celebrity home lot trait and still got rapid fire messages about how no one wants my sims in their home...
Message 89 of 107 (1,115 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got the same thing happening. 

Closest I can figure is that my sim sold a painting someone else painted (same household though, so I feel like that shouldn't be a big deal) or that I opened a restaurant and someone completely random stole a potted plant and apparently that makes my sim a terrible person?!

I am leaning more towards the plant thief triggering it. [As a side note, I would totally love to see an option where I can confront the thief and get my dang item back.. just saying.]

I see EA asked for save files, I'll see if I can figure out how to send it through.

Message 90 of 107 (1,022 Views)