Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★ Novice
I'm having this issue as well. My sim has been a celebrity for awhile in game, and this just started happening today after installing a mod called "Longer Parties & More Guests" and having everyone over for a house party. The maid came by and cleaned up all garbage and food, so having food or drinks from a caterer wasn't causing the issue. There are no items in the house that I can see that belong to another sim, or in my inventories, so I'm a bit confused as to what caused this.
Message 71 of 107 (1,366 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

The team still has not been able to reproduce this.  If anyone is still encountering this (without mods) and is willing to share affected save files, please send me a private message.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 72 of 107 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am still having this issue. No mods ever I would be happy to share my save with you but don't know how so please give thorough instructions.

Message 73 of 107 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Happened to me as well.  Highest possible celebrity(with aspiration perk), pristine reputation (declining due to bug), had stan quirk,  opened a restaurant and that is when I started seeing the bug happen. I have no mods and my traits were good/cheerful/perfectionist.  Getting rid of the stan quirk didn't stop it and selling the restaurant did stop it.  I did notice one of my employees was evil.

Trying to attach save file, says unsupported extension type so I'm not sure if it worked.

Message 74 of 107 (1,259 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PhireLPN Thank you for the save file!  We can see the issue Standard smile

@Foxisjedi We no longer need save files.  Thank you for the offer though!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 75 of 107 (1,249 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just a heads up I just had the problem a while ago and it is tied to the reputation system, everyone tends to remember what your last action was since I was doing the strangervillie story hacking computers and searching for clues in peoples houses lowered the reputation, even using the listening device when  people text you saying I heard you like to steal something it just means that your reputation is below zero as zero being in the middle and 100 to the right or left.  Once you do stuff to get your reputation out of the neutral your stop getting though texts.

Message 76 of 107 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to both my sims, one of which is a global superstar, the other is a b-lister. Neither of them have, or ever have had the stan quirk. Started happening as soon as I went on vacation in the jungle expansion. Haven’t stolen anything and my global superstar has a pristine reputation. Very odd. I keep having to call a PR agency tocounteract the negative impact on his reputation.  

Message 77 of 107 (1,073 Views)

Sims 4 Get Famous Bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Its the latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous/Cats&Dogs/Get to work/ Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It might have something to do with a stan
What happens when the bug occurs? I usually get a texts saying "I heard you like to steal things I think i dont want you in my house" from any sim and its ruining my reputation
What do you expect to see? Losing reputation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Just please fix this bug its real annoying

Message 78 of 107 (1,029 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get Famous Bug

Hero

HI @MADD_DDOG7 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 107 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My Sim is NOT a celebrity and not trying to be one. He was just operating a no-CC retail store I'm playtesting prior to uploading to the gallery. I've had him running the store for several sim weeks, and having issues with celebrities and their followers clogging up the store so badly, customers can't access the merchandise on shelves. So tonight I installed a lot trait mod by Triplis called CelebrityHideout that forces celebrities on the lot to wear disguises. It helped with the crowds and I was able to successfully sell things again... but now my Sim is being accused (by 4 friends so far) of stealing things. (Three items were stolen from his store though. I checked the inventory to make sure it wasn't him taking them.) He's good, he's never stolen anything and he's got a neutral reputation (which is being dinged by this.) I've pulled the mod and will test to see if the calls continue.

Edit: All right, I'm back again. Still playtesting and tweaking that retail store build. I pulled the mod I mentioned above, (and deleted my localthumbcache.package) and the same thing is still happening. So it has nothing to do with the mod. Now I'm positive I'm seeing cause and effect here. It's definitely a game bug. I've been watching the customers, have figured out two who are stealing from the store. On days when they don't show up, and nothing is stolen, my sim gets no calls. On days when the kleptos steal from him, at least three or more of his aquaintances call to accuse him of stealing. His reputation used to be neutral. It's heading to bad. This is really annoying.
It's bad enough the celebrities and their hangers-on clog up the store, now this false accusation/bad rep bug is ruining my retail store. I hope this gets patched out soon.

Message 80 of 107 (1,006 Views)