Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

by atlanticsrose

Original Post

★ Novice

My sim just came back from the jungle adventure and a sim she met has a crush on her. When I came home she she called and accused my sim of stealing and this set off a snowball effect. Reputation is getting destroyed. I backed out of the game and contacted support. I am waiting for a resolution. 

Message 51 of 107 (1,389 Views)

★ Guide
Just an update, going back to an earlier save and A) not hosting an event during a calendar event and B) not saving as soon as a second calendar event started seemed to have worked.

However...

...I had a vampire break in scenario happen on my actor and their (now) spouse woke up early and caught it happening. A day or two later I had one "friend" call to complain about the actor drinking from someone without permission even though they had been the one being drank from. Fortunately, it was just the one "friend" and no noticeable loss of reputation.

Something is definitely screwy though.
Message 52 of 107 (1,384 Views)

★ Novice

This has just happened for me. I have:

[Expansion Packs] All.

[Stuff Packs] My First Pet, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio and Kid's Room.

[Game Packs] Vampires, Dine out, Spa day.

The issue began shortly after my sim came home from her retail shop. A sim swiped a painting while there (they were not from her family) and she asked the sim to leave. Before going home I did remove some of the paintings she was selling so she could replace them with better ones when she returned the next day.

She is a B-lister and has Pristine Reputation. She does NOT have a Stan, she has Emotion Bomb and Refined Palette.

While her family is extensive (100 baby challenge) None of her family members are Klepto.

Selling the paintings she brought back with her did NOT fix the problem, she is still getting calls.

Message 53 of 107 (1,342 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me as well.

I've had Get Famous for about a month now, and I've played other celebrities prior to this one. But this is the first time I have seen this bug.

My current Sim had just ranked up to Proper Celebrity, though, he'd had a Stan for quite a while. But it was only after hosting a meet-and-greet on a community lot that he got a text message from a friend stating that "I heard you like to steal things...."

I do not use mods or CC; my Sim does not have the Kleptomaniac trait, and has never stolen anything. But I can confirm that this is not related to the Stan quirk.

I purchased Quirk-B-Gone from the rewards shop and got rid of the Stan that way. A few minutes later,  he gets a second text from a friend with the same message. If this continues, his reputation will be completely obliterated, and I've worked so hard to keep him out of trouble.

I hated the false accusations in TS3, and was just starting to warm up to the fame system in 4 when this happened. I wonder if there's any hope left for this save, or if I should just cut my losses and start over.

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in?
English

How often does the bug occur? Happened twice in the past 5 minutes, but that's it so far.

What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EPs: All but Seasons and Cats & Dogs.
GPs: Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood
SP:
Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 54 of 107 (1,269 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there everyone!

If you are experiencing this issue without using any mods, would you be willing to send your save files?   If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

We have not been able to reproduce this at our side yet Frown

Thank you very much for the help!      

Message 55 of 107 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem. I thought maybe it was because my sim’s house had the celebrity home trait so I removed it and so far she hasn’t had any texts... if you have that lot trait maybe try removing it and see what happens?

Message 56 of 107 (1,222 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought I was the only one with this problem. I figured it was a glitch on MY end. I only have lot mods. I didn't think it was normal for this to be happening, but like I said, I had no idea so many other simmers were experiencing this too. I guess if we have mods it's a bug that comes along with them... Idk. It's annoying but not seriously damaging. You can get your rep back easily.

Message 57 of 107 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just experienced this problem. My sim is a newcomer, not even one star, and had no quirks. The household has 7 sims, none of which are kleptomaniacs.

The night before I received the text accusing my sim of stealing, the household hosted a birthday party with a caterer. There may have also been a kleptomaniac in attendance, but I didn't notice if any items went missing during the event. My first thought was about the caterer, and regarding items which didn't belong to the sim as I have noticed the leftovers and dishes from a caterer cannot be moved as I sometimes do with their household leftovers. There were dishes around the lot which I cleaned up, and then emptied the refrigerator, but still received another text. 

My second thought was the seed packets the gnomes leave. I had gnomes left from the gnome holiday who leave seed packets everywhere. The seed packets are not owned by the household, although they spawn on that lot. I put the gnomes in my household inventory and cleaned up all the seed packets. Shortly after that I moved the sim who was sending the texts into the household, as she was a romantic interest. There have been no more texts so far. 

I feel in my case it could be an issue with catered events, or any items which are in the household or inventory and identified as not belonging to the sim. It may also be generated from a kleptomaniac sim, or possibly a combination of those things. This might also explain restaurant or shop problems, as maybe the items in those businesses are not identified as belonging to the sim? I don't have that expansion, so I'm not sure. 

Message 58 of 107 (1,174 Views)

★★ Novice

With mine the problem is likely Get to Work. I have no played celebs in my save anymore, but most of my played sims do have a pristine reputation from being in the Scouts and volunteering. The only one this happens to is the only one who owns a business, and it only happens when her shop is open and she is on the lot.

Message 59 of 107 (1,143 Views)

★ Guide

Just throwing my opinion out there, but it really does seem like this is triggered when someone with a positive reputation is on a lot with someone who goes klepto, is snacked on by a vampire and / or gets flirty with someone in another relationship and not necessarily when the one with a positive reputation does it.  Guilt by attendance, ultimately.

Message 60 of 107 (1,136 Views)